Wreck Penetration

Do you consider penetration wreck diving to be technical diving?

• Yes

Votes: 128 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 9.1%
  • It depends

Votes: 82 35.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I am learning about SCUBA and the agencies, I am discovering that you get a tremendous sense of fun and well-being if you just take everything at face value. But if you look at where the 'rules' come from and why things are the way they are, you get a tremendous and unpleasant shock. It's a little like finding out what goes into sausages. You have to decide early on that either you don't want to know, or you don't want to eat them.
Scuba cert agencies (and, at least in the USA, their standards body) are a human endeavor that involves money. Like churches, national governments, and even philanthropic organizations, people bring baggage to the table, compete for prestige or money or other perks, and sometimes cut corners. That's not really a shock, is it?

The great thing about scuba is you get to have your own dive, every dive. Take the c-card. Keep improving your skills and learning new ones. Know your own motivations for each dive. Plan well, stay safe, and contribute to the debrief.

Enjoy,
Bryan

As Moliere's Tartuffe concludes, "In the end, we can only cultivate our own garden."

It's why some agencies do not like you telling students that it is fun, exciting, relaxing, educational, and as long as you stay within your training and experience, relatively safe. Go too far outside of that too fast, and it has the potential to hurt or kill you very quickly in rather very nasty ways!

As Moliere's Tartuffe concludes, "In the end, we can only cultivate our own garden."
:threadjack:

My favorite Moliere quote (translated, obviously): "Everyone should write poetry, but not everyone should show it to someone else."

I thin it depend on how deep and what kind of penetratio it is. The wreck we dive up here have open bridges and open 7x7 compartments that go straight through the side of the wreck ,and you can clearly see the other side.

Back
Top Bottom