Wreck Preservation..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Steve:
hehehe that IS civil for those two. They don't mean it, they're the best of friends.....REALLY!

What's an "eh"??

LOL...You're right Steve, we are playing nice here:)

I still won't kick DM out of bed for eating crackers,,,yet :wink:

One more day or 16 hoursish, I hope.

I'll be sleeping when you three are leaving for Barcelona Saturday. Big bed all to myself..

Hey, what about the topic this thread was about? Anyone going to talk about that?

As for the chit-chat... that's what PMs are for, eh?!

the point was lost about 6 pages back....if anyone cares to continue the conversation about wreck preservation - I was wondering if there was a possibility of posting signs at the marina and along the wall regarding the fact that a shipwreck was located in the area.

Would this just bring in more unwanted scavengers to its depths or, if we asked for the public's help in keeping a neighbourhood watch sorta....would the public actually help.

Another thought I just had....if the public was made more aware of the fact that there is an unidentified shipwreck - asking the families of Port Dalhousie for assistance in the identification may help. Who knows what people have in their attics....someone could be a family member of the captain or someone who lived in the area.

Assuming we're still speaking of the Tiller, it was an American vessel, captained by an American as I understand it. Odds are pretty good no-one around here would be related or has a clue.

But hey, we could get lucky.

I was however, impressed at the detective work (albiet unsuccessfully) that the principals involved did.

The rubber gloves however, that they used to handle those old books, did give me the creeps.......

Steve

P.S. Mostly unrelated, but interesting.....

Did anyone know that the last survivor of the Empress of Ireland disaster lived right there in St. Catharines?

SubMariner:
Hey, what about the topic this thread was about? Anyone going to talk about that?

As for the chit-chat... that's what PMs are for, eh?!

What's a PM??? I know what a DM is...LOL.

I'll start a new thread then....check out "Tangent Haven" teeheehee, available at http://www.scubaboard.com/t59274.html !!!! ROTFLMAO...

And yes, this is nice for me and OTE, if only you could see us in person.

OTE - there will be no crackers in my bed. You know how food in bed upsets me, there will be no crumbs....Just wait until you get home.

Only 2 more hours to go - too bad I won't be here - maybe I'll have to hide the key and not tell you where it is :p

DiveMistress2:
What's a PM??? I know what a DM is...LOL.

As in Private Messaging. A nifty little feature available here on SB. Very easy to use.

That way the thread doesn't degenerate into yakity-yak.

SubMariner:
As in Private Messaging. A nifty little feature available here on SB. Very easy to use.

That way the thread doesn't degenerate into yakity-yak.

I think some of us like the yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak yakity-yak.

Some of us just can't get enough of it. For more yakity-yak please review:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t59274.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom