• OMS

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Dive Rite

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other (What would it be? and Why?)

Votes: 47 65.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently picked up a PAIR of used manta reels from eBay - a Jr and a Mini, for $68 :D A little salt on them but they'll clean up nicely, I might even find a use for them one day.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

Halcyon's handle and the orientation of the reel make it easier to control the reel.

The new Dive Rite reels have an adjustable handle that lets you change the orientation.

Cornfed

I use diverite and halcyon reels, both are great BUT...

my diverite came with a plastic lockdown screw which I managed to strip my first dive with it.

The halcyon lockdown screw is just that ... a screw, which I found a little clumsy while wearing gloves.

If you get either I recommend replacing the lockdown screws with a stainless hook bolt that can be found at any hardware store for under 2.00 each.

icebox,

I've dove the Suloide several times...it really is nothing more than a debris field. I've had good vis on the wreck every time and there is a decent amount of life. I don't use a reel on the Suloide...I'm pretty good about getting back to the anchor line. However, if I had to choose another reel, I would probably get a Halcyon. They are made well, function properly and I know they work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom