• OMS

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Dive Rite

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other (What would it be? and Why?)

Votes: 47 65.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Junior blue and white one with the grip release...

rs190.jpg

I now use a Halycon Reel. I also have a couple of Dive Rite reels, but I don't like the lock off screw on them. Mind you, I have never broken the plastic screw, but it is always a concern of mine.

I have two OMS 300' reels with the heavier line. I specified the heavier ( white ) for several reasons. I realize the kevlar is stronger, however it isn't as easily seen. I also realize that you would get more line with the kevlar. There have been times that 300' was quite enough reeling, thank you. The white line also is easier to get untangled if that were to occur. However the decision is yours.
Wreck/Tec

I love my manta, just a great simple, tough reel. Not overpriced either, I think LP sells them too.

I use enclosed reels I make from 4 inch PVC, pretty cheap to make and if I loose it, oh well. Also Kevlar can be cut almost as easily as any other line with a sharp knife or shears.

I notice some undertones of Halcyon's reel being expensive. My reef scuba 4" #24 line, 400' reel lists for $120. Sounds like the Halcyon is less.

I don't remember what I paid, but I know I thought it was expensive at the time.

iceberg once bubbled...
I use enclosed reels I make from 4 inch PVC, pretty cheap to make and if I loose it, oh well. Also Kevlar can be cut almost as easily as any other line with a sharp knife or shears.

Iceberg - More detail please - how do you do it?

Looking for my first reel, for use on wrecks and for finding my stage bottles on the way up. Any suggestions would be help full.

tchil01 once bubbled...
I have a 4" Enclosed Golden Reel Series from Reef Scuba and it works well for me. They have great products, their reels are solidly built and priced reasonably and they have great customer service. Check them out at http://www.reefscuba.com

Ty

Just to let you know you can get that same Reef Scuba reel at Leisure Pro for $89.00 versus $159.00. Just thought I would let everyone know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom