Wreckmania # 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who's all coming to this party? Is everyone doing the course with Walter?

June:
Marci and I talked it over, and think you should call your local police and ask for a number to border control.
If you can call them directly you should be able to get an answer to your tank question.

Here's the list for Wreckmania
Heather and Jeff
Mike and Pete
Bob and Keith
Dee and Doug
Sandy and June
Charlie and Pam
Bill and either Dave or Steve
Susan and Lydia
Herman and Kathy
Natasha, David and Walter
Everyone is doing the class but Kathy. She will be helping me cook and shop!

I've got a call into US Gov't about the tanks - it will be useful to know not only for this, but for the jaunts over to NY that I have planned this year.

Quite a gang we've got coming....

Ok, I really didn't feel like working -- too much snow out there. So I've spent a good portion of my time reading (and laughing) the other Wreckmania threads.
As a late commer to the party, here's what I've gathered - please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Natasha you need balance by May 15th
  • Do you need copies of my certifications -- or if Walter's seen them, do you still need them?
  • asking for additional diving - afternoon and night - count me in
  • asking for additional diving - beyond wreckmania - let me know what is planned, and I might be able to extend my visit
  • Walter dive equipment required: bc, reg, tanks, weights, gloves, reel, slate, "attention getter", bottom timer, computer is nice
  • First class 19th at 4 or 5pm

Many thanks to Livestodive and Sunshinefish, although I'll still look for a bargin flight, I'll more than likely driving, as a friend and I are now talking about meeting in NC to dive the sub after I've done Wreckmania. Anyone else?

I just got approved for the days off Folks! The Monday thru whatever works fine for me, but the Friday was tuff, but I finally got it off.

Natasha, The check is in the mail....

You should have a VM from me!

Dave

That's good news, Dave! See ya there :D

I just finished what I think is an excellent Dee-Rag for Wreckmania. All the digital camera stuff is packed for the trip but I'll post a photo of Beast wearing one as soon as we get back.

Walter, I'm sending you one...let me know what you think.

Well last night I didn't have anything to do -- other than going outside and clearing more snow (sigh).... so I put together these highlights forom the previous Wreckmania threads (and this one to this date)....

It contains the where, the equipment, the training.

Originally posted by DivingGal
....as a friend and I are now talking about meeting in NC to dive the sub after I've done Wreckmania.
Be sure to understand that getting off-shore to the U-352 can be very dependant upon the weather. Though the charter operators try, weather and sea conditions can limit just which wrecks you dive on.

For information on what's out there, here is a good site for info: www.NCWreckDiving.com

and PM me if you want a recommendation for a nice charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom