Wreckmania has arrived!.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Walter
One more?

Hey - you got a picture of my house on the Intercoastal!

I was going to invite everyone over, but you know... :wink: :rolleyes:

Have fun all! :D

Who are the others in that first picture? One sort of looks like Moo.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop....I'll be looking forward to ya'lls reports and pics.

First picture - L to R Net Doc (Pete), some guy who was on the boat and Brian our DM.

This picture is Scuba-sass (Susan) and Lydia learning how to use a reel.

Reel practice came after the boring lectures and immediately before practice in the pool on kicks. We all got to work on the frog kick and sculling. These kicks were new to some and old hat to others. Everyone improved as a direct result of watching MB demonstrate the "text book" frog kick and with practice.

Here's Lives to Dive (Charlie) and Pam working with their reel.

Here's Herman hard at work.

Tomorrow, we start the wreck dives. I'll report late tomorrow night. Maybe Pete will post earlier.

Four dives down.

June & Mike have been taking underwater pics. Mine are all topside.

This morning, we dealt with a 2 knot current on the Ancient Mariner. Some divers wisely decided to abort their dives. A number of folks did make it down to work on skills.

Since the current at the other wreck was also screaming, we opted for a float dive on a reef for the second dive.

In the afternoon, the current had subsided a bit, so everyone was able to make two wreck dives. Current was stronger on the second afternoon dive than on the first, but still not as strong as the morning current.

Here's what a well dressed DM wears in SE Florida.

Back
Top Bottom