Wreckmania has arrived!.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I just want to add that I really enjoyed meeting everyone. This was a really great group of very friendly and outgoing folks.

I don't think anyone will forget all the fun details that we learned about each other through the Survivor Game!

Thanks to ALL who helped with the meals in every way from cooking to carrying! (Scott, thanks, thanks, thanks..love those speedos too....)

Heather (Our Scavenger hunt winner, and very close runner up in Survivor) you are amazing and will be an great Mom...just call me Auntie!

Susan and Lydia, you too were really a lot of fun to meet and talk with, I miss you already. Maybe we can meet in NY for a shopping weekend sometime. How did you like Sawgrass Mills?

To my sister, Natasha, I am glad that I could help make this a successful trip for all the Wreckmaniacs!

SEA YA, Marci

Marci -

All I can say is that it's a darn good thing we dawdled around the pool saying our goodbyes. If we had more time to shop, we would have needed another suitcase to carry stuff home!

Actually, at Sawgrass Mills, we only visited Ron Jon's Surf Shop, but they didn't have what we wanted. We were directed to "that dive shop down the road", which turned out to be none other than Diver's Direct. Wow! A Scuba-Toys-R-Us! That place is fabulous, and we really had to pry ourselves away.

Walter - BTW - how was your shopping excursion? Any Success?

Hugs to all,

Scuba-sass :)

Just a few notes from my point of view.

We had strong currents through out the weekend. Monday were the worst of the lot. On three dives, we opted to make float dives on reefs rather than tie to wrecks. This was because it would not have been safe to dive at a fixed point in currents as strong as we encountered. We did make 5 wreck dives during the course of the trip and all of those were in strong currents.

I believe everyone participating is a better diver because they learned to handle strong currents and they learned it's OK to change plans when currents get too strong.

I'm particularly proud of the progress Pam made in her abilities and in her self confidence. She is a diver!

Wreckmaniac Natasha, thanks for putting this trip together and for being the driving force behind it.

Wreckmaniac Marci, I'm glad you came along to make it work. You are a joy.

Wreckmaniac June, it's always a joy to dive with you. The cards were an awesome idea. Thanks for saving my place.

Wreckmaniac Mike, I appreciate you coming forward to help with tanks and to lead dives. You definately made my job easier.

Wreckmaniac Dave, I do plan to see the Dr. Pepper machine ..... someday.

Wreckmaniac Scott, I'll find that wreck. I had fun looking for it. You have an excellent attitude toward learning. When things go wrong, you look at it as a learning experience. We can all learn from you.

Wreckmaniac Pam, I am proud of you! Listen to Charlie when he tells you how well you're doing. I've watched you grow as a diver in a sjort time. You have ability, use it.

Wreckmaniac Steve, it was good to have you along. Your calm manner and positive outlook was an asset to us all.

Wreckmaniac Lydia, I enjoyed getting to know you. I will find a copy of that movie for you. The concept of a package deal is exciting!

Wreckmaniac Sandy, You are a joy to be around. Come down to dive with us and Brian will soon have you tying off on the tec wrecks.

Wreckmaniac Bob, I'm looking forward to diving Bonaire with you. We'll finish on the Hooker.

Wreckmaniac Heather, I wish you'd been able to dive. I enjoyed your stories. It was great having you take pictures on the boat.

Wreckmaniac Kathy, thanks for pitching in to help with everything. I enjoyed your company.

Wreckmaniac Charlie, You breezed through all the skills. You made my job easy.

Wreckmaniac Jeff, staying calm in an emergency is a good trait to have. That yahoo probably doesn't realize you saved his life, but we all know you did.

Wreckmaniac Herman, like MB mentioned, you and Jeff used excellent rationale when deciding not to make the second dive on Sunday. A thinking diver is the safest diver.

Wreckmaniac Susan, I want you to know how much I appreciate what you said to me on Sunday evening after the nitrox exam. It was the highest of compliments. I'd be honored to dive with you any time. Yes, Jo and I found the perfect one - black with bamboo.

Wreckmaniac Jo, you were there when we needed you and you are appreciated. Thanks for everything.

Wreckmaniac Pete, as we spend more time together I learn even more how lucky I am to have you as a friend. You're the best.

Wreckmaniac MB, as always I continue to learn from you. Bring Rob (and Brian if you can) over and we'll hunt for fossils. Wreckmania would not have been possible without you.

Captain Rob, thanks for everything. I can't begin to post what you meant to the success of this trip.

Divemaster Brian, there is a group of Wreckmaniacs who are in awe of you. You are inspiring as well as funny.

The photo is of Jeff, Susan & Lydia demonstrating proper technique for holding on the line in current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom