Wreckmania has arrived!.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But, you will have that out of guys like me! I made a post at Diverlink about this trip, as I am still trying to figure out this board!

Ill try to post a cut and paste link!

Dave

Talk about changes in diving climates, I dove Sunday in Florida in say, 75 degree water, and I just booked a weekend in Barcelona NY to dive Lake Erie this weekend.

Bottom temps there will be 44 or 45 or so...

Off with the half Mil fullsuit with a single tank, and on with the drysuit and doubles....

Back to work.....

Dive Safe!

Dave

I especially love the yellow Playtex™ dive gloves that match his fins!

Thanks for all the topside pics.

I've read references to a scavenger hunt and a survival game. Would somebody tell those of us who weren't there all about those?

Don't know what I can add to what has already been said. I don't think we could have wanted a better group of divers or for that matter people in general. The instructors and DMs were great, the boat and crew were outstanding, the food was good (even if Big O hates sushi)and the after dive company could not have been better.
The diving could have been better but at least I know what being a flag in a gale feels like, that current was ripping. No doubt, the experience made me a better diver....anybody for some white water river diving?
A special thanks to my dive buddy Jeff (aka Mr KC Scubabunny). On his 100th dive, he had to bring up a moron who had lost his buddy and ran low on air at 85 ft. He made us blow our planned 40 ft stop and made it very difficult to stop him at 15 ft, that was a long 3 minutes but we got him back to the boat in one piece. We opted to set out our next dive due to this joker, just to be on the safe side......he actually went back in with his same buddy(?). This guy was unbelievable. Bet Jeff will not forget his 100th dive soon, I won't.
Natasha, Marci thanks for all you did, you made the trip happen and kept it flowing.

If at all possible, Wreckmaina II will be on my calendar.

Dee, the scavenger hunt was like any other scavenger hunt, you had to find things on a list provided by Mom. Cards, dive related keychain, a dive picture, bubble bath were a few of the items I can remember off the top of my head.
The survival game consisted of Mom and Marci asking us questions about our fellow Wreckmanics that had been overheard during the trip. The winner was the one how got the most correct. What does the "O" in Big O stand for or how many kids does Livestodive have, that kind of thing. It was interesting to see how much we had learned about each other.

Hello All,
Glad to hear everyone is at home safe and sound, if not water logged. Just a note to let every one know what a great time I had. The diving was good and so were all the Wreckmaniacs.

Natasha and Marci, Thanks for a well planned trip. it was exactly as advertised. We couldn't have done without you two. Thanks for the nice Wreckmania T- shirt, I'll wear it proudly! Natasha, just one little question , Do you always answer the door in your pajamas? Just wondering. :tease:

Walter, I was impressed with your professionalism, your skill in the water, and your easy going manner. I to look forward to Bonaire and that dive on the Hilma Hooker!

DR. MB, What a great diver you are. Bryan told me I was lucky to survive three dives with you, he pointed out you didn't wear your examination gloves on either of the three. Wonder what he meant?

JoAnn, Are you really, really sure you want to marry the guy? :)

KC and Jeff, Heather doesn't forget ANYTHING. Please be careful around her, she doesn't forget. Let us know when baby Ethan or Kristine arrive! There's a guy in Florida that just might sent a diveskin... :crawl:

Sandy, Will see you in Bonaire. What a pleasant young lady you are. I will post a picture of Bubba in his diveskin.

Susan and Lydia, I enjoyed you both. Has that dam DC timed out yet?

Heman and Cathy, Nice meeting you both, I hope to cross paths with you again.

Charlie and Pam, Great couple. Pam you are my hero! You did good. Who's afraid of a little four knott current anyway?

Steve, Your story was stunning. I salute you.

Big O, Dave, hope to dive with you again. Semper Fi !

Scott, I promise to never lose tract of you again! Uh, you're not asleep are you?

To all the rest, let's do it again. :tree: Bob

Bob:
Nope, you're the only one I opened the door to, with the Mickey Mouse PJ's on. Hope it didn't scare you off the Bonaire trip! hehehehe
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
I have recieved numerous emails asking for a repeat performance.
So give 'em what they want..right?
Probably in a few months I'll post details on Wreckmania II and Wreckmania Continues.
But, if I was asking now .. who would want to go again, or go for the first time?

Back
Top Bottom