Wreckmania has arrived!.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay! I've been catching up and now finally have time to reply.
A live a board is an interesting idea. For now I feel I owe the Wreckmaniacs a trip equal to, or even better then, 02. So it will take sometime to work on all of it.
I should have prices posted by early 03.
We need to decide if you want a guest diver like Joel Silverstein or not for Wreckmania Continues. This will make the price somewhat higher. Anywhere from 150.00 to 200.00 a person more. The same if we have a guest for photomania.
Any thoughts on this?

Hi Natasha,

As I see it, the only reason to pay extra for someone with a "name" is any benefit you can reap from their company. In WreckMania '02, that was the fabulous class and certification we had with Walter.

Personally, I'd love to take a PhotoMania class. Being new to this scuba thing :) I'm not familiar with what the other "names" could bring us. I do know that Walter is a excellant instructor, and would happily pay for additonal instruction from him, in any of his areas of scuba-expertise.

Just my $.02

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

the big names don't mean that much to me! I have only an MX-10 and strobe and 8 rolls of film under my belt so almost any experienced underwater photographer who is patient and empathetic could be of huge benefit to me.

Someone who is a "certified instructor" is not the most important to me either. Someone like our own Dee would be expert enough for me and my level of equipment. I true "photography pro" would probably teach way over my head. Maybe by the time we get to Photomania III then we will be ready for the big time experts. I guess a lot of it depends on the audience you are attracting. More experienced photographers like Herman and June might benefit from advanced techniques. Maybe this is too much to ask but if there are enough of us, maybe a skill based class so the newbies work with other newbies and the advanced get the level they need also?

Am I being too much trouble, Mom?

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Originally posted by KC_Scubabunny
... More experienced photographers like Herman and June might benefit from advanced techniques. Maybe this is too much to ask but if there are enough of us, maybe a skill based class so the newbies work with other newbies and the advanced get the level they need also?

Expert me? Ha ha. I'm still a beginner at taking u/w photos! (But thanks for the morale boost)

I still need a lot more skill to get to where I think I might even be considered an intermediate photographer. I still consider myself a newbie (that is getting lucky at some of her shots)

I vote for Dee... if she has the patience to take them thar pictures, then she has the patience to teach how... and she also has to put up with the Beast! Didn't they make a movie 'bout that??? "BeauDee and the Beast?"

Originally posted by DivingGal

Expert me? Ha ha. I'm still a beginner at taking u/w photos! (But thanks for the morale boost)

I still need a lot more skill to get to where I think I might even be considered an intermediate photographer. I still consider myself a newbie (that is getting lucky at some of her shots)

You could have fooled me! There is no way I could have gotten the shots you did with that current. I couldn't get those kind of shots on a calm day with 100 ft vis. I am giving myself some slack because I have only been on one trip and only shot 8 rolls of film but I still put many of you in categories far ahead of me.

Mom has sent me to my room so maybe I am grounded from further comment on the subject! Dee hasn't commented yet so maybe she hasn't heard about my drafting her! It was just a suggestion, no pressure on my part!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

I'm far from an expert and not intimately familiar with that many cameras, but I could pass along a few things I've learned in the last 6 years. Photography basics and composition rather than camera specifics would work for everyone.

It's really not that hard, folks! Afterall...I can do it :eek:

I'm a Mom that never let's the kids stay in their room too long. ( I miss them) So come on out, you're ungrounded!
Seems from the few of you that responded, that Walter and Dee are 'big names' enough for you. So I won't recruite Steven Frink or Joel for this next trip. (Makes my job a lot eaiser)
I'm planning on Wreckmanias to be next June if that will work for Walter and Dee. I will be offering a trip to Cozumel for July 03 and another trip for September 03, probably to Bonaire, so June works well for Wreckmania.
And it's only 10 months away! Probably June14th to the 21st and have both Wreeckmania II, "Continues" and Photomania all at the same Key Largo resort.
Cavernmania could be an idea ahead of it's time. Not sure yet. But I might end up doing it a different month in 03.
Sound good?

Why not start a separate thread for all the grand ideas for next year?

I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on some good times...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom