Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy came up with this schedule some time back. It is a good idea to post it again anyway...

SHAKAZULU:
6:00AM - Early Birds arrive and lay claim to a spot (put out tarps and shade thingies)
7:00AM - First Dive, North Wall
10:00AM - Second Dive, Secret Garden....Main Wall/La Jolla Cove??
12:00AM - Lunch
2:00PM - Third Dive, Marine Room
5:00PM - Night Dive (Sun sets at 4:59PM, bring your lights, extra batteries and warm clothes)
7:00PM - Dinner, lots of little cafe's in the area (walking distance)

Note, this is a very relaxed shedule, and serves only as a guideline. I'm sure some people would like to go over to the cove for some exploration. I really recommend arriving early as this would allow you to get parking and secure a spot. This location is very popular indeed. OEX is about two blocks away and can fill tanks.

I personally can't stay for the night dive and dinner. My family has plans :17:

Does anyone want to have an underwater pumpkin carving contest?

As of today, we have 38 people that are planning to attend.

Ann Marie:
Roy came up with this schedule some time back. It is a good idea to post it again anyway...

Thanks!! I thought I remembered seeing one but I guess I didn't look back far enough.

See ya all on Saturday. Should be a hoot!

Terry

It is raining really hard in Altadena right now and I know you will all be wondering about it as this storm moves through your area.

So, here is the good news!

According to weather.com:

La Jolla will be SUNNY with a HIGH of 67 degrees.

According to wetsand.com:

Surf will be 1 - 2 ft. from the NW and 1 - 3 ft from the SW

According to WWW Tide and Current Predictor:

2004-10-30 03:56 PDT 2.20 feet Low Tide
2004-10-30 07:05 PDT Sunrise
2004-10-30 10:13 PDT 5.75 feet High Tide
2004-10-30 17:32 PDT -0.03 feet Low Tide
2004-10-30 17:59 PDT Sunset
2004-10-31 00:07 PDT 3.43 feet High Tide

So, it's going to be a great day!

Christian

I am trying to attend, however, I have other commitments. But since I got a special PM invitation, I thought I would try. It may be surface support only, but I am gonna work on it.

Is there an alternative plan in case the run off is too bad?

Scuba Princess:

I have a frisbee!! Seriously though, if the run off is bad there, it will be bad everywhere. Suppose to stop raining tonight and that will give us a good 50 hours for sediment settling and for the area to "flush" as it were.

I dove the canyon Saturday which was a few days after some major rain and the vis was very nice. It is good we already had a big storm so not too much bacteria accumulated since then.

Terry sent me a cool link about the La Jolla and Scripps canyons. Very interesting reading: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041027/news_lz1c27canyons.html

Thanks Terry!

Scuba Princess:
I am trying to attend, however, I have other commitments. But since I got a special PM invitation, I thought I would try. It may be surface support only, but I am gonna work on it.

Just go deeper............

divebuddysean:
I dove the canyon Saturday which was a few days after some major rain and the vis was very nice. It is good we already had a big storm so not too much bacteria accumulated since then.

Terry sent me a cool link about the La Jolla and Scripps canyons. Very interesting reading: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041027/news_lz1c27canyons.html

Thanks Terry!
That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting it!

Christian

headhunter:
It is raining really hard in Altadena right now and I know you will all be wondering about it as this storm moves through your area.

So, here is the good news!

According to weather.com:

La Jolla will be SUNNY with a HIGH of 67 degrees.

According to wetsand.com:

Surf will be 1 - 2 ft. from the NW and 1 - 3 ft from the SW

According to WWW Tide and Current Predictor:

2004-10-30 03:56 PDT 2.20 feet Low Tide
2004-10-30 07:05 PDT Sunrise
2004-10-30 10:13 PDT 5.75 feet High Tide
2004-10-30 17:32 PDT -0.03 feet Low Tide
2004-10-30 17:59 PDT Sunset
2004-10-31 00:07 PDT 3.43 feet High Tide

So, it's going to be a great day!

Christian
The weather is looking better. Some rain possible through tonight, but sunny tomorrow through Sunday. Should be nice conditions!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/local/92101

Sean

Back
Top Bottom