Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie:
I haven't been to this dive site yet. How easy is the parking and how easy is it to drop off bulky items like coolers, fire wood, e-z ups and chairs (oh and dive gear of course)? Are there tables nearby that we can take over or should we plan to bring some too?

Dropoffs are easy, but parking fills up quickly and can be a bit of a walk back to the BBQ area. They have some cement tables/BBQ spots available, but I'd rather we bring a BBQ grill just to be safe. Setting up some shade thingy's would work well to save a spot......... They have bathroom facilities for those who need it.

Aireal picture of the site.

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/CalS/La_Jolla_Shores/index.htm

Ann Marie:
Ana made the suggestion to chip in a couple of bucks for the meat, bread, and water and then have everyone bring a dish. I think that sounds good.

Shall we do burgers and dogs?

Is there someone amongst us that loves to BBQ and is willing to grill somethings up? I will volunteer my husband to take his turn at the grill (that is what happens when he doesn't take my call while he is at work. :wink: I tried to ask if he wanted to come and was willing to cook, but he didn't answer, so I guess he is coming and cooking!).

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking $3/person should cover meat, buns, and water????
Burgers and dogs sound like a great idea, since they are easy to deal with.

Who is going to buy the stuff and transport it to the site?

How should we get the required funds to whoever is going to do that so that no one gets "stuck" with the bill up front?

I'm not saying that anyone is dishonest, just that group dynamics will play a part. It's like when the check arrives when a large group decides to split the cost of dinner. Some groups will come up short and some groups will have an obscene "overage" of money on the table.

Christian

headhunter:

How should we get the required funds to whoever is going to do that so that no one gets "stuck" with the bill up front?

I'm not saying that anyone is dishonest, just that group dynamics will play a part. It's like when the check arrives when a large group decides to split the cost of dinner. Some groups will come up short and some groups will have an obscene "overage" of money on the table.

Christian

That's why we need a roll call/head count of who's coming..........PM Ann Marie if you are coming, she will make a list.

headhunter:

Christian

I'm willing to buy the meat, water, and bread and bring it with me. I will pay up front (I keep a scuba slush fund) and then collect at the dive site. Once we are a week or so away I will take a final count and buy the food based off that number. If someone doesn't show after being included in the final count, well...then my family may be eating burgers and dogs for a while (that or I'll send Roy after them to collect :boxing_sm ).

Ann Marie:
(that or I'll send Roy after them to collect :boxing_sm ).

We could always take them for a dive at the wall and practise the "OOA" drill. Sell their gear to recover the cost.........

ShakaZulu:
We could always take them for a dive at the wall and practise the "OOA" drill. Sell their gear to recover the cost.........

See how well that will work out!

Shaka- will you coordinate reserving the area that morning and the dives (how many, when, etc...)? It looks like the area is good size, perhaps you can let us know where you are going to try and snag a spot?

Headhunter- will you make sure that anyone on our roll call feels like they are welcome to join us? I know that on the Wrinkle's Catalina dive, I just kind of jumped in (but still felt kinda funny since I didn't know anyone before hand).

Does anyone have some kids that can use posterboard and make a sign for us that we can zip-tie off the EZ-up, maybe with a few balloons? That might make finding the group easier for people (like me) who have only met a few of the group.

ShakaZulu:
Mods, please change the thread title, September should be October. Wrinkless, get off the crack, it's not good for you.........

Thats not very nice Mr. =(

Sorry about that....I am still sad I missed the last one so I screwed up on the month.

Ana

Here are the people that voted for this place in the poll...

Day:
Ann Marie, divebuddysean, JDog, jetfixer, Mr Clean, pasley, phage30, ryanarcher, saf_25, sapphire, ShakaZulu, snakedr, wrinkles

Night:
Ann Marie, divinman, JDog, jetfixer, Mr Clean, Nay, pasley, ryanarcher, saf_25, scubalaurel, snakedr, ybuda

Here are the people who voted that they could make it on this date:

Ann Marie, dazedone, divebuddysean, divinman, Gomer Piles, hermosadive, jetfixer, mccabejc, Mr Clean, Nay, pasley, sapphire, snakedr, wrinkles

Ana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom