Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with a console mounted PC but immediately disliked it and switched to a wrist mount. The way I see it, a PC is something that I look at all the time so it makes sense to have somewhere that is instantly accessible - like my wrist. SPG is something I only look at a couple times per dive so it can sit clipped to my waist belt until i need to check it. Un-clip it, look at it, clip it back and go about my business for a while before i need to repeat.

I'm with CT Sean...SPG clipped on the waist and my computer on the wrist. Bada-Bing.

I use the wrist, and have it secured with a rubber band/fishing line also to my wrist just in case it somehow falls off (broken strap, etc.). But I'm paranoid, having lost a knife that way once. Then I use the old analogue SPG. Once it got stuck on 1000 PSI remaining, so I knew fairly soon that it was broken--so I ended the dive. Guess there is no absolute way to know everything works.

I have a question. This is what I've been told and it's also coming from a total rookie so play nice. My understanding is that there are two ways to do the computer 1. From the octopus 2. Wrist They both do the same (all being equal) except wrist can't read tank pressure. Correct or totally off? Which do you like better?

If you rent your gear, you will probably not be sticking your console computer into the rental console. Similarly you will probably not be screwing you wireless air pressure transmitter into the rental first stage. I'd say smart money is on going with a cheap wrist unit until you get to buy your own everything. Then you decide if you hate the wristmount so much you'd rather have a console unit, or you want to shell out on wireless ai, or what. And then the wristmount can become your backup/gauge.

Very cool, thanks guy's. It should be easier as time goes and I learn a bit more of the vernacular....,cause sometimes I have to go to the acronym page 6 times to figure out what people are saying lol
It looks like most like a simple SPG and go with a wrist computer.

I use an SPG clipped to left hip d ring, wrist computer on the right wrist and compass on the left wrist. What ever computer you purchase I would recommend making sure DSS makes a boot for it, bungee mount is so much better. Deep Sea Supply -Backplates & Wings-SMB-HoseHat_Single tank & doubles Tank Scuba rigs_
I don't wear a watch either under water the instruments will be over a suit or glove cuffs so it should not bother you much.

just being annoyingly different, I like my SPG on my left shoulder/chest d-ring. Never have to un-clip/clip & reads easily. Also, when carrying bottles, I'm not reaching around them to get to my SPG. YMMV.

Reactions: BB`
just being annoyingly different, I like my SPG on my left shoulder/chest d-ring. Never have to un-clip/clip & reads easily. Also, when carrying bottles, I'm not reaching around them to get to my SPG. YMMV.

And I thought I was the only one that clipped the SPG there.

Bob

Reactions: BB`
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom