Wrist mount backup computer wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone wake me up if I am dreaming....
I'm looking for a backup computer to my Aeris 500AI, poss a replacement for it as well (for new reg setup). Thought I had it all figured out until I found out the Aeris 750GT uses different download software than the 500AI, so back to the think tank. Here is what I am looking for:

Hoseless/wristmount
Air int
Nitrox
no lockout upon violation
backlit
Prefer user changable batteries (unless long life--Uwatec)

Looking at Mares M1 (same as Dacor's Darwin??), Uwatec Smart Pro (air int & hoseless avaible??), Aladin (discontinued??)

Tell me, am I dreaming or does such a critter exits?

I'm not sure I understand why you ruled out the 750GT. I think it meets all your requirements, doesn't it?
Also, the Oceanic Data Trans Plus (which is very similar to the 750GT; I believe they're both made by Pelagic), looks like it would fit the bill.

Dont get me wrong, I havent ruled out the 750. ( Brain doesnt work sometimes that late without food.) 750 is still in the running, the only reason it is not running first is because it doesnt use the same download software has the 500AI. For this reason, I am considering all other options. Otherwise, it would be my first choice.

Ah, got it, now.

Suunto has a new computer coming out; the Vytec. Basically the Vyper with air integration, as I understand it. Should be out in a month or two. (No guarantees)

I almost feel like an ad for Cochran (i assure you i have nothing to gain) I dive a Cochran Gemini+ Nitrox, hoseless, AI, backlight (best backlight i have ever seen) in fact it more than fits what you listed as requirements....check out the site www.divecochran.com specially check out the part "suunto says" go through the whole site. you can't go wrong with this computer.

Narced_1 :jester:

I've looked at Cochran before (was considering Commander I think). What turned me off of it was a kept reading several posts, artilces, etc about bad QC issues with them. Battery cases leaking, computers failing more, etc. In fact, ran across one site that recommeds if you dive there that you DO NOT dive a Cochran computer. There were others listed, but the Commander was listed by name.

I'm looking at the new VR3 computer from OMS/Delta P now. Seems to do almost everything I want and more (not AI as of yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom