Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Ron, If you're involved in the design on the wrist Cobalt I have one request. Every wrist compass analog or digital has one fault: the lubber line is perpendicular to the long axis to the arm. This means that to point the lubber line forward you have to swim with the elbow bent at an uncomfortable 90 degrees. With the digital compass it would be easy with software to have the angle of the lubber line settable in the options, so one can point the lubber line forward and have the elbow bent at a more comfortable angle.

For my SK7 analog compass I made a mount that has the lubber line at 45 degrees so I can keep my elbow bent at (90+45) degrees and the lubber line points forward.
Adam

I know I'm replying to an old post but why not. I laced my DSS SK7 mount in such a way as when worn atop my right hand the lubber line is pointing in the direction I naturally dive without having to contort. Works well.

After having been put on hold for a long while (for reasons unrelated to the project), the Cobalt wrist is being worked on very hard. Atomic does not want to announce anything about a product until they know it is ready to ship, so there really is not a lot I can say. No one is more anxious to see this product on the market than we are. We want it to be the best wrist computer in existence, and we are working to make sure it is.

Thanks to everyone for your input here, we are paying attention.

Ron

After having been put on hold for a long while (for reasons unrelated to the project), the Cobalt wrist is being worked on very hard. Atomic does not want to announce anything about a product until they know it is ready to ship, so there really is not a lot I can say. No one is more anxious to see this product on the market than we are. We want it to be the best wrist computer in existence, and we are working to make sure it is.

Thanks to everyone for your input here, we are paying attention.

Ron
Yah!!!!

---------- Post added March 8th, 2015 at 05:09 AM ----------

Btw...I love my Cobalt and the easy screen selection and operations lends itself so nicely to teaching Open Water Classes and dive planning.

Willing to be a tester for product, will put my Cobalts on shelf to try a wrist version. Love my Cobalts.

I know I can hardly wait...we have an Atomic dealer on Kwajalein so at least I won't have to use a mail order company...supporting mt LDS.

Well, I will say that I'm very excited abut the design, and that we have been listening carefully to what users want. It won't be like anything else on the market.

-Ron
Ron....as you know I am local...would have no issues being a tester for you if needed :wink:

Back
Top Bottom