Wrist or Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings,

Like many have already said, rent different types of gear and see what works best for your diving style. When I first hit the water, I had purchased a wrist mounted computer which I intended to move to a console when I was able to buy the rest of the gear. After two years of diving with many different configuration iternations, I settled into a system which works for me. I would have waisted too many scuba bucks if I had purchased too much gear at the onset. Waiting to purchase gear does have its advantages. BTW, my Vyper is still attached to my right wrist next to my D3 bottom timer and a SK7 compass parked on the left.

I suppose I'm the only one here with both. I have a Suunto Cobra (which is new, replacing a Wisdom) air integrated console and an Aeris Atmos II wrist and a mini spg. I believe in redundancy, although I have only one compass, a Suunto, on my wrist. I'm probably going to replace the Aeris at some point with another Suunto so they will both be using the same algorithms. The Aeris was similar to my old Sherwood Wisdom.

The air integrated console is nice for downloading the dives, including gas consumption.

Vtdiver2:
I wear mine on my left wrist. When I'm diving, it's on top of the wrist, as with my arms crossed in front of me, I can check it. However, as I start my ascent, I spin it to the inside of my wrist, so as I use my BC inflator during the ascent, I can watch it and monitor my rate of ascent.
I've done this for years with no issues and still the same protective cover. Wear & Tear ? None so far.
C-Dawg

Gotcha. :)

Since I do a lot of night dives for lobster, and I hold my light in my left hand, I have swithced to the right wrist mounted computer so I can illuminate it with the light. I keep the compass mounted to the spg hose, cliped to my harness on the left side. That reminds me to monitor air pressure whenever I look at the compass.

Back
Top Bottom