Wrong Photo on PADI Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anyway I can fix this and not look stupid for the rest of my diving career? The instructor suggests I take more classes to get a new pic.

Maybe your instructor thought you actually intended to use this card for the rest of your diving career and this is his way of encouraging you to get more training. Not the way I would do it but folks are different.

I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't mind showing it to the world on Facebook but a card almost no one will ever look at is a problem? Guess you'll think twice before you tell someone to just grab one from Facebook.

Oh... Get more training.

I'd suggest keeping it, as it is going to a great ice breaker with people. Who knows who may wind up opening up to you as a result of seeing that you are confident enough for a self-deprecating photo?

Are you going diving or signing up for a dating website? Nobody on you dive boat, including the DM who verifies your cert card, gives a damn about your photo. I can't remember the last time that a cert card checking DM actually looked at me to see if I was actually the right guy whose name is on the dive waiver, and I have never seen two divers showing each other their cert card. If you are a nice guy, upfront about your dive experience, and a good diver for your experience level, you could look like a troll and still be a good addition to a dive trip. So relax, go dive, and have fun.

don't worry-sooner or latter you are going to take Advanced Open Water and just have instructor take a new photo with smartphone.
Just to let you know for Instructor to replace cert. card with a new photo will cost him $25. processing fee..

Man, now I wish I would have had different pictures on my cards. I went the boring route and had some passport pics taken at AAA and have the same pic on my AOW and EAN. BORING!

My buddy on the other hand still likes pulling out his Scuba Diver card that has a picture of Charles Manson........oh wait, it's actually my buddy but a very close resemblance!

I don't take photos of my students for their cards. Have the option with all the agencies I cert through but none of them actually require it. It's not like it'll be accepted anywhere as ID so I don't bother. If someone wanted me to I would. But otherwise? Nah.

That is a REALLY bad pic. :wink:
Yeah. Man that's even worse than mine. They snapped it kinda quickly and caught me by surprise. But seriously, you gotta watch out if you take more courses with the same shop because mine just kept using that OW one. When I took courses elsewhere I was more on the ball for the pic. For MSD and DM I got to provide my OWN pic.--by that time even more hair was gone.

Yeah. Man that's even worse than mine. M... For MSD and DM I got to provide my OWN pic.--by that time even more hair was gone.

Why doesn't everybody just submit their High School Yearbook Photo? You might get the "Squinty Eye" but nobody will say anything.
Alternatively, look good in comparison by submitting an ugly photo contender for C-Card of Dorian Grey.

Back
Top Bottom