xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another two weeks-more silence-ho hum.

Well, trying not to just repeat the same story, so I would rather say something when we have them in hand. If you want to know, they are supposed to ship them another pile this Monday. Not sure how many yet, but we should know this week when they get them.

Mike, it is Sebastian's absence - not your presence - that is the issue. Sebastian is a naive and very very bad businessman

Mike my absence here and there is a prove for totally opposite, businesswise we are so busy with so much projects around in progress that we don't have time to sit on monitor and watch every post movement on Scuba Board (although it would be great to have that much free time)

You say don't make the promises you can't keep ...
Exactly right that's why you don't see any here !

When I stopped at their booth at BTS, it was biz as usual. Demos in full swing. When I asked about availability, he started to lie again about that magical timeframe

Of course because that's our job as a distributor to present the products of manufacturers we represent and we take pride in representing the ones that we do !

If it comes to the magical time frame, not sure which one of us you have talked to but since months we only informed about nearest "planned" shipment from xDeep, but it doesn't mean you will be found among of incoming batch.

"I don't know" and I could accept that. But...bs'ing us over and over again is inexcusably bad business practice.

"I don't know" ??? This is (for me) the worst you can hear from any business. You won't hear that from me, promise. We business operate always on some info regardless how accurate it will come out, we can't just don't know.

I asked him why he had stopped responding on SB - his response? "The guys on SB are out to get me. I'm no longer interested in doing that".

Not quite, point here is if you have an order with us or any other xDeep dealer you know what we know, those information will be very inaccurate and not valuable for divers with no order not knowing how much customers is before them. Its like saying (to customer with no active order) you may be able to get one somewhere from now and two years on. If you asking about general availability of BLACK'S its here: xDEEP Diving Equipment; Scuba Gear - xDEEP BLACK availability note (posted months ago by manufacturer). Keep looking for update.
If you have order which we don't require upfront payment for you will get updates based (read carefully): on what we are told.

Have a great evening everybody and thanks to all xDeep customers and TecDiveGear.com customers for support and business in 2014 !

S.J

businesswise we are so busy with so much projects around in progress that we don't have time to sit on monitor and watch every post movement on Scuba Board

If you are busy, the answer is to communicate more efficiently... your response only needed to contain two statements:

1) "We sincerely apologize for the delays."

2) "The next batch will arrive X days from now, and it will be distributed to customers who placed their orders Y weeks ago."

If you are busy, the answer is to communicate more efficiently... your response only needed to contain two statements:

1) "We sincerely apologize for the delays."

2) "The next batch will arrive X days from now, and it will be distributed to customers who placed their orders Y weeks ago."

And that's what we may say when communicating through emails between us and customers, we (I believe most of businesses) do not update order statues through public forums.

Again if you placed an order you will be updated and notified otherwise please check the general availability note here: http://www.xdeep.eu/availability-note-nsc-7.html

lol If that sorry excuse for communication is what you want handling your future customer service issues, then by all means get yourself a shiny new Black (probably arriving sometime in early 2015). Newsflash, S.J.: if your manufacturer is telling you lies, and you know the info they're giving you is bull:censored:, then the answer is "We don't know, because we know we can't trust a damn thing xDeep tells us at this point. Sorry." Parroting useless info is not the right call.

Seeing a lot of 'my screen got scratched on 1st dive' comments here. Who'd like to guess what computer comes with a nice hefty screen shield installed? :wink:

Seeing a lot of 'my screen got scratched on 1st dive' comments here. Who'd like to guess what computer comes with a nice hefty screen shield installed? :wink:

Every computer will scratch. xDeep black has recessed screen face and purposely screws that are not sink into shell to protect it as much as possible.

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 10:49 PM ----------

lol If that sorry excuse for communication is what you want handling your future customer service issues

for sure we will not handle a customer service issues through the public forum but offer a personalized service through email, phone +1 201 710 0042 or at the shop

If it comes to the magical time frame, not sure which one of us you have talked to but since months we only informed about nearest "planned" shipment from xDeep, but it doesn't mean you will be found among of incoming batch.

"I don't know" ??? This is (for me) the worst you can hear from any business. You won't hear that from me, promise. We business operate always on some info regardless how accurate it will come out, we can't just don't know.

Not quite, point here is if you have an order with us or any other xDeep dealer you know what we know, those information will be very inaccurate and not valuable for divers with no order not knowing how much customers is before them.

So, having said all that, how does this bit fit into that statement? Assuming DRIS got their info from you, which is logical (but not guaranteed), it leaves some questions. This was on Feb 27, and DRIS received none until the show a few weeks ago.

So, The products are 100% on their way to the US.

On the positive side for xDeep, their computer has led to the creation of a thread arguably more exciting than the computer itself. :D

Last edited:
So, having said all that, how does this bit fit into that statement? Assuming DRIS got their info from you, which is logical (but not guaranteed), it leaves some questions. This was on Feb 27, and DRIS received none until the show a few weeks ago.

Well ... truly I don't think that xDeep is lying to us furthermore from personal relationship with Piotr I'm sure that they intent to follow the plan and given time frames as much as all of us its just things keep coming up, I bet (heard not once from Piotr) that there is a bunch of parts manufacturers that delay or provide irregular deliveries so once its that, other that and huge demand mixed in between ...

Well ... truly I don't think that xDeep is lying to us furthermore from personal relationship with Piotr I'm sure that they intent to follow the plan and given time frames as much as all of us its just things keep coming up, I bet (heard not once from Piotr) that there is a bunch of parts manufacturers that delay or provide irregular deliveries so once its that, other that and huge demand mixed in between ...

DRIS was told they were in the mail. Not mailing soon, but already in the mail. This is not a manufacturing delay, DRIS was told the computers were finished and already in the mail. If I call you and tell you I just mailed you a cake, it means just that, not that I'm about to go buy some flour to make the cake. You seem to be evading giving a clear answer on what happened with these computers that were "100% on their way". Give us a simple, factual answer. The truth, for example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom