xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he used three divecomputers and we have no feedback about their performance.

not sure I'd trust the Black for accurate depth measurements at this point...

Sent via

He was OK because the Black was reporting temperatures in the high eighties! :wink:

I can only speak for the Black up to about 130 feet, but the depth measurements are accurate and the same as other computers in the area.

In fact, it's so accurate that I was able to be called out by my buddy and instructor during a course for being 6 inches off my target depth because they could all read my computer so easily. It wasn't a big deal, but dang, sometimes you don't want them to all know that you're slightly off when you're comfy and ready to do a skill... or not :) I'm better now and take into account the decimal point. :)

He was OK because the Black was reporting temperatures in the high eighties! :wink:

For the record, I've been diving mine and have had no depth deviations compared to my other comp. The water temp is actually in the eighties so reading correctly I guess:). Firmware 2.3.3 went in without a glitch so I sprang for the Trimix upgrade right after which went equally as well, don't expect major issues at this point.....

For the record, I've been diving mine and have had no depth deviations compared to my other comp. The water temp is actually in the eighties so reading correctly I guess:). Firmware 2.3.3 went in without a glitch so I sprang for the Trimix upgrade right after which went equally as well, don't expect major issues at this point.....

:sinq: Let's see...

Is there still >1 month wait to get these?

No clue....we don't have much in the way of updates on these. We just get them when they come in, and get them out to people that have ordered them. Not an answer I like to give, but that's all we got at this point

No clue....we don't have much in the way of updates on these. We just get them when they come in, and get them out to people that have ordered them. Not an answer I like to give, but that's all we got at this point

How many people are in line to get one?
How many units do you get in per shipment on average?
How often do you get shipments?
:wink:

- 25 in line. That seems to be the magic number right now. Some give up, some place a new order, and some get a computer when they come in.
- 3-8 in a typical shipment
- Whenever they ship them..... They just show up occasionally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom