xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the changes we've been seeing in decompression models and trends in the last couple of years, such as shallower or shorter/omitted first/deep stops and a longer shallow/safety stop, and a move away from VPM alone to VPM plus gradient factors, and now higher low factors and lower high factors... whew... what would be the recommended settings for the xDeep Black now?

Under "Computer":
I see the default algorithm seems to be ZHL-16C+GF.
I don't know what Pre Change means. Does someone know? It's set to 3 feet.
The conservatism is set to 1. I'm thinking this is about 30/85 or 90 or so?
And Repetitive Adj(ustment) is on. I guess it adjusts the algorithm for repetitive dives?

I couldn't find the answers in my old manual, version 2.1. If someone could let me know, it would be appreciated, thanks.

You doing DECO or NDL dives?

NDL dives

I'm having issues uploading the EANx upgrade from my Mac. (Yosemite)
Go through the install instructions, but always shows "No File".
Follow the "if it shows no file" instructions, but dropping the ball somewhere. I've tried three different Macs, and no go. It's obviously some step I'm leaving out.

Help?

Last edited:
You have to download the file from the XDeep site.
Put it on the Black in the right directory (can't remember the name, system? Software?)
Disconnect the USB cable.
Go to the system menu and select reset.

The update process should not depend on the type of computer you download the update from.

I'm having issues uploading the EANx upgrade from my Mac. (Yosemite)
Go through the install instructions, but always shows "No File".
Follow the "if it shows no file" instructions, but dropping the ball somewhere. I've tried three different Macs, and no go. It's obviously some step I'm leaving out.

Help?

I am on a Mac. Did it from my Yosemite machine. All I did was download the firmware.bin file to my ~/Downloads folder, turned USB on on the xDeep Black BT, connected it via USB to my machine, verified that it showed up as a normal USB drive, drag and dropped it to the Firmware folder on the xDeep, then went to reset.

Voilà, I had a full dive computer.

Make sure that you delete the previous xDeep file from your download directory. If you don't, it will just rename the new file with a different suffix and you will end up re-installing the old file again.

Looks to be successful... Thanks for the help.

SN:
Kod:
Software rev: 01.17.01
Hardware rev: 0.4
Free memory: 6416 kb
Bootloader Ver: 00.02.00

Last edited:
What was the magic that made it work?

What was the magic that made it work?

Not exactly sure. Seemed to be a syncing problem.
Probably helped that I shut down the computer & walked away for awhile. :D

Aha. PEBCAK or a PICNIC issue.

Back
Top Bottom