xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, man, that's just mean. :wink:

Firstly ofcourse the question: how did you get your hands on one? Secondly, how are your experiences with the device?

It's 1 of 3 units in the UK. Nobody who has ordered one in the UK actually has theirs yet, this is a demo model.

That said. I loved it. Easy to use. Very easy to read even on lowest power output. Intuitive. My Vytec will be on Ebay soon enough when I hear that stocks are starting to arrive in the UK.

Below is a youtube vid of the same unit filmed by a mate

[video=youtube;6Dv73w4Rx1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dv73w4Rx1U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

A warning, never buy the first release of anything, whether it is a new car or a new dive computer. Wait for it to be out for a while to have the bugs ironed out.

True that, I bought a HW Frog when it was first released, it died and could not be replaced due to HW no longer producing them, seems they had a critical fault so we're binned. I'm now waiting for their new OSTC3, small charge replacement for my Frog, but release date keeps being pushed back due to both production and technical issues. I'm worried...

Nothing about this release gives me any confidence in their ability to support the device once it finally transitions from vaporware to a sunk cost for a bunch of divers.

I wonder if Shearwater is looking at this and thinking...gee, we could have an option where people can buy the Petrel as a BT only for $X and let people unlock the other modes for an extra $Y. That'd pretty much erase any reason for xDeep to have market share.

i ordered and paid for one over 3 months ago tired of delays cancelled my order now has been 5 days still no refund disappointed

I wonder if Shearwater is looking at this and thinking...gee, we could have an option where people can buy the Petrel as a BT only for $X and let people unlock the other modes for an extra $Y. That'd pretty much erase any reason for xDeep to have market share.
I'd buy two in a heart beat if they did that. :laughing:

I would look more heavily at the petrel if that were the case. That being said, I'm still looking forward to the Black in that on paper and testing reviews it appears to be exactly what I'm looking for. And at the price point mine is reserved for, I understand that it is a gamble, but one I'm willing to make.

I'd buy two in a heart beat if they did that. :laughing:

shrug, not like it's unprecedented. The Petrel and Predator both have VPM unlocks, and the Predator used to be available in an OC only model with CC functionality unlockable. Making it BT only with unlockable computer functions with be simple; I doubt if they'd want to alter their all (O2 + He) or nothing computer model, though.

shrug, not like it's unprecedented. The Petrel and Predator both have VPM unlocks, and the Predator used to be available in an OC only model with CC functionality unlockable. Making it BT only with unlockable computer functions with be simple; I doubt if they'd want to alter their all (O2 + He) or nothing computer model, though.
With the xDeep Black still not available, I've finally decided I'll be going Petrel. Now I only have to find a way to break it to the wife that I'll be buying myself a shiny $1000 toy. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom