XDEEP Zen Corrugated Hose Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I seen some stuff on the internet that the corrugated hose is sewn into the BCD? Is there a way to DIY replace it or do I have to send it back to poland? I just need to extend it a couple inches.

Thanks

I can't find a good photo online, but it looks like the hose is connected with the standard zip ties.

yes, it seems likes it connected via 2x zip ties. But its not on a standard elbow and since I read it was sewn in... it scares me a little to cut the zip ties off. Maybe I should just man up and do it

I can't help with your question (sorry), but I'm currently considering maybe getting that BCD myself, so if you've gone ahead and tried removing the hose, how did it go? The inflator attachment is one of my concerns with getting this BCD since I like the ability to do repairs/mods myself when possible. Any other thoughts/pros/cons on the BCD since you got it?

The fitting is permanently attached to the bladder. Most other BCDs have a mount that is permanently attached and the fitting screws to the threaded mount. This is to eliminate the problems associated with the fitting and the threaded mount like the gasket.

if you clip off the wire ties with a diagonal cutter, you should not have any issues.

you can easily replace the hose for a longer one. We do it all the time.

The fitting is permanently attached to the bladder. Most other BCDs have a mount that is permanently attached and the fitting screws to the threaded mount. ...
if you clip off the wire ties with a diagonal cutter, you should not have any issues.
Good to know. So the hose is attached directly to the bladder fitting the same way most attach the to the elbow which screws onto the BCD.

Correct.

I have noticed that their hoses require a bit more effort to remove. Be patient and work gently. You don’t want to damage the elbow bladder interface.

I can't help with your question (sorry), but I'm currently considering maybe getting that BCD myself, so if you've gone ahead and tried removing the hose, how did it go? The inflator attachment is one of my concerns with getting this BCD since I like the ability to do repairs/mods myself when possible. Any other thoughts/pros/cons on the BCD since you got it?

I have the SS bp. I like it. About 6 lbs heavy.

Cons: The bp is a little wide compared to typical backplate so on a crammed boat it's a little tight but still manageable. The kidney dump valve string is very long, you need to shorten it. The wing is a bit big 40#. I'm always scared of sitting my tank on the bottom of the bladder. The bp doesnt have standard holes along the top for attachments, but does have it along the bottom.

Pros: Comfortable, I got the standard. I think the deluxe is a waste. Trims out well. On the surface I feel like I'm very high off the water.

I swap the wing nuts with delrin hand nuts from dgx.

I know I mainly listed cons, but I tend to focus on cons with everything. I would recommend especially if you want custom color, logo, embroidery. I think the only real con is how big the wing is, but that's only a problem on land.

@napDiver, very valuable into, thanks. Great to get the opinion of a real diver, not just a marketing "review" which tends to ignore or hide possible cons. I think you might have sold me - I'd be using it for mostly shore diving, so dive boat issues don't matter much, and I know I need the bladder size - I have a 30lb bladder in my current BCD and it can't float my rig for cold water (yah, I get cold easily so I've got a lot on under the drysuit).
Do you find the straight inflator hose attachement (no elbow, right?) sticks you in the back of the head? and have you confirmed you can remove/reattach it without damage?

Correct.

I have noticed that their hoses require a bit more effort to remove. Be patient and work gently. You don’t want to damage the elbow bladder interface.

What makes it more effort than the "normal" connection, which is simple: just cut the zap straps and pull off the hose? Are they also glued on?

Back
Top Bottom