XT2 second stage regulator rentention ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefvagabond

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve been diving the Diverite XT2 second stage for a little while now and they’ve worked great but when cleaning it I’ve always found this retention ring in front of the diaphragm quite difficult to remove.

Is this rentention ring necessary? Would the regulator be safe to dive without it?

What exactly is the purpose of the ring?

The ring provides a buffer between the diaphragm and the cover of the second stage. Without it the second stage cover could crimp the diaphragm or the diaphragm could tear when the cover was tightened without lubrication. The ring is in place to prevent it.

Thanks TC.

Guess I’m stuck with it, wish that ring were smoother to unscrew

I was just having a conversation about that ring the other day. It is indeed a pain in the ass. I wish DR would replace it with a non-threaded ring or a friction washer, or several other things that have tools to remove them (if necessary), or at least re-mold them so there is an obvious tool to use to remove it without beating the crap out of it with a pair of pliers.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom