XZ-1 & PT-050 & UFL-1: Comments? Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randallr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have this camera/housing/strobe setup? If so, I'm eager for your experiences.

I've read terrific things about the camera, and the housing seems to rank high for OEM housing. I know the strobe isn't terribly high-powered, but I'm a just-learning photographer, and I can't really justify something much more expensive, say, at the level of a Sea & Sea YS-01.

All that said, tell me what you've discovered. And thanks in advance.

i have the xz1 with the pt-050, for the moment i have a sealife strobe and it does the job well. the housing is easy to use, no problems so far, i have not taken the camera to saltwater but i has performed well on the pool. is a good entry camera. i am just deciding between the ys-02 and the inon s-2000 for strobe, since the sealife is a little bulky..

My wife has this setup and we are very happy with the results

I think it's much more than an entry camera as it's fully manual with a wonderful lens. I wouldn't take any other point and shoot over it. As for strobes, find something used to save some money. No need for the YS-01 as the ttl isn't usable go for the YS-02 in manual or the S-2000 or any used INON strobe. One of mine is an old 180 INON that works wonderfully as a fill in for my D-2000. The only thing I don't like is that the housing has only one mount on the bottom and the tray doesn't stay in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom