Yak Diver Photo contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That sounds like a plan. What time did you want to start? I talked to a guy who has some numbers for ledges he claims have up to 10 to 12 foot relief off the West end of the pier. Not sure how far out, though. He is supposed to email the numbers to me tonight.

How's 0800 sound?:D

Meet ya at the new park right next to Sharky's.:D Anybody else wanna tag along?

If you feel like hauling your yaks, I'm doing a yak dive off Fort Lauderdale on Saturday morning. Parking's free...

So tempting, but so far away. To get there by 0730 would mean I'd have to be on the road before <yawn!> 0500. <yawn!>

I have to finish off a couple rescue students this weekend. We're talking about hitting the murky water at low tide at BHB. They'll really have to look close to find Simon (my missing diver).

High tide is in the afternoon... so... it's tempting to get the training done in the morning... go eat lunch.. and come back for high tide.

Al

High tide is in the afternoon... so... it's tempting to get the training done in the morning... go eat lunch.. and come back for high tide.
Al

Tempting...but my entire weekend is booked. I definitely want to do this before the water gets too cold!

Tempting...but my entire weekend is booked. I definitely want to do this before the water gets too cold!

When it gets below 80, I break out my dry suit. :wink:

I'll get things started with the photo contest:

Dana (dkramer) and I dove off the new park next to Sharkey's yesterday. Two tanks, about a half mile out. Water temp. was 81 deg. and the viz was nothing short of spectacular by VB standards. it was 20 plus in most areas with up to 30 ft. in some spots. The new park is very nice. Lots of parking, clean bathrooms and most importantly, easy and close access to the water. I'd say the walk was no more than 50 yards, or about the same as Alhambra. We didn't find a lot of teeth, and it took awhile to locate a good fossil bed on both dives, but the conditions easily made up for that.

Here's a couple of pics of the dive:

Dana gearing up in the water for the first dive.

A view of the pier on the way back in.

Dana posing under her boat after loading it up. I didn't notice the juxtapositioning of the "diver below" sticker until I looked at the pic later, but how fitting!

And that concludes the first official dive of the Florida Kayak Divers

I look forward to a great many dives with you guys and can't wait for the next outing. See you then!

Hey Debby,

Sounds like the East Coast Plastic Pirates need to get their Prowlers in the water. Our dive club is going to BHB... Yes... you can kayak there, but not worth the hassle. To yak or not to yak... High tide at BHB is at 9:40AM...

Al

Sounds like y'all had a great dive. Any plans for next weekend?

Sounds like y'all had a great dive. Any plans for next weekend?

Sure do! I'm goin' where ever you're goin':D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom