Yak Diving "club" for "lesser Tampa Bay area"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can think of two names to add to the list, I'll send them PMs with links to the thread. If there is anyone else interested PM Dkramer.

I can think of two names to add to the list, I'll send them PMs with links to the thread. If there is anyone else interested PM Dkramer.

Or post here with a note to Mote :burnout:

And all this time I thought you were on my side!

paranoia is just a higher state of awareness!

There he goes again. Taking advantage while I'm at work. No problem. Ya'll can PM me. I'll see to it that the info is forwarded on to the Supreme Yak Diver in Charge.:D

Good goin' sistuh! I bet you are loving it yes? So did you try one first, like I suggested, or just go get one?

I think I will be going back to a wing in the winter. too much diving to be done right now to sell mine then buy another.

So how many dives do you have on it so far? Going to sell the other one? I still say that was a darn good BCD for back in the day.

Yepper, I rented one first & almost gave up on it. They gave me one that was too big & I had a heck of a time with it cuz the tank kept shifting but now I have the right size & it definitly made a difference. Can't sell the old one cuz the harness is falling apart, which is why I needed to get a new one, but you are right. It was a good BC for the time & I got my money's worth out of it.:D

I'm still not "in-charge" but in an effort to get things moving I have compiled a list of members that have expressed an interest in a west Florida kayak diving "club".

NetDoc
Solodiver
Dkramer
Nizzy
Frogman_5
Myself

When and where would everyone like to meet for our first group meet/greet & yak dive?

When and where would everyone like to meet for our first group meet/greet & yak dive?
You tell us, Oh great Yakster! :D

As long as it's after 11/14/2007 I have a high chance of making it there. :D

Mike, is it "Florida Yak Diving" or "West Florida Yak Diving"? If it is Florida, count me in!!! I definitely see the Florida Yak Divers traveling coast to coast to attend events.

Hi Debby, I have two things going on at the same time:

1. trying to "organize" some local yak divers to do things with.
2. trying to get a florida yak diver subforum started to unite all florida yak divers east and west coast with the aim of organizing group outings, dives and participating in organized events.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/205938-florida-kayak-diving-subforum.html

I think trying to create a state wide club, with members, meetings, minutes and dues would be a bit ambitious and more of a time expediture than i'm up for. But anyone that is that ambitious step right up!

OK, now I get it! Count me in as a supporter of the statewide kayak diving subforum, I know we can easily travel around and enjoy each other's dives!

For a meeting place for our area, anyway, may I suggest Sharky's?

Afternoons after work I could probably do. Weekends are problematic without a bit of notice.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom