Yak Diving "club" for "lesser Tampa Bay area"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoooHoooo, I love Sharky's! That sounds like a good place to me.

I am interested in Kayak Diving. Not sure about a club though. Sounds a bit to formal.

But, I would like to find more Kayak accesible dive sites in the Tampa Bay or West Coast areas.

I'd also like to get some ideas on how other people rig their yaks for diving.

I am interested in Kayak Diving. Not sure about a club though. Sounds a bit to formal.

But, I would like to find more Kayak accesible dive sites in the Tampa Bay or West Coast areas.

I'd also like to get some ideas on how other people rig their yaks for diving.

Yeah, I'd like to see it stay somewhat informal too, but you never know, with enough people interested, sometimes these things take on a life of their own. Networking with other yakkers to plan dives and trading ideas on how to rig yaks are the two big reasons I'm interested. I do most of my yak diving solo, but I like to hang out with others when possible, if nothing more than the social and safety aspects of it.

Oh yeah, and to trade dive site info too. Especially since I've only been yak diving off of Venice area.

Fellows, you are reading my mind. I don't want a "club" in the traditional sense, with officers, minutes, meetings and dues. Just "yakkers", sharing their knowledge with each other and newbies, trading site info and gettting together to dive. Rather than having a monthly meeting at a set place, an invitation to go to a site and dive & socialize on a regular basis. The only requirement is an interest in yak diving, and a willingness to share contact info.

Mote, may I suggest doing it like the Tampa club forum? No one is really in charge. Trips are posted - everyone is a part of it. Every now and then a Happy Hour gets posted :ne_nau:

Tracy, maybe its not coming out that way, but that is what I've been trying to say. thanks for clearifying that for me.

I would like to see this happen as MoteMan and Missdirected stated in the two previous posts.

I'm in for it.

I'm all for a completely disorganized, loose confederation of yak divers. :D (Can I still bring the inflateable canoe? :confused:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom