Yearning for Cozumel weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at the 10 day forecast, the lowest temperature I see is 51 degrees F. Maybe Old Man Winter is done with us for the year. I sure hope so!

I wore longjohns out today and will again Monday as well as any night I might get out this week on the High Plains. Spring Break is 18 days, and it looks like I better take the cold weather sleeping bag to Abilene. I've seen whiteout snows in March before. April will be better.

I'm still amazed that some of our state leaders tried to blame the power losses on wind and solar power problems.

Wishing all of you better weather & a speedy recovery & clean up but I know some had major damage to deal with. Better weather should at least be encouraging for them.

Wishing all of you better weather & a speedy recovery & clean up but I know some had major damage to deal with. Better weather should at least be encouraging for them.
All in all, my wife and I are really lucky. We were very uncomfortable for a couple of days and I lost most of my plumeria plants (some of them were 20 years old), but so many people had it so much worse that I cannot complain.

That's the thing about weather disasters. You can't plan well in advance ways to soften the blow because there's no way to predict what you need to protect & how to do it. At least cold as much as it's uncomfortable & can kill it doesn't wipe out complete buildings or areas like a tornado does or hurricanes do along coastlines. No matter where we choose to live we all deal with the extremes of weather sooner or later & each time we do we learn something valuable from it.

I lost most of my plumeria plants (some of them were 20 years old)
That sucks, but don't trash them. They may come back. Temperature for Plumerias to Bloom
Plumeria prefer temperatures between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. When temperatures drop below 50 degrees, the plant will drop its leaves and go dormant.

Once the plumeria drops its leaves in fall, stop watering and move it into a cool, dark space, such as a storage area, where temperatures remain above 40 degrees, advises the Missouri Botanical Garden. Resume watering and move it back into the sunlight when new foliage appears in the spring.

That sucks, but don't trash them. They may come back. Temperature for Plumerias to Bloom
Thanks; I have been growing them for 20 years, so I know a lot about them. I have a temporary greenhouse with a heater and some 300W incandescents, but without power and ambient temp around 5 degrees F it failed. I haven't trashed anything yet but I am not optimistic that any of them that stayed out there will come back. I brought a few smaller ones into the kitchen when the power failed and they look OK, but I don't think any of the larger older ones will survive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom