Yearning for Cozumel weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I hope the older ones come back for you, but sometimes you have to start over.
300W incandescents
I don't know much about carrying for plants indoors. They respond well to those bulbs when kept warm? Or was that a last-minute effort? I would think that high K fluorescent bulbs would be best even tho they don't supply heat. I have some potted Cyperus sedge plants and a palm that I bring indoors for the winter and keep under 6500 CFBs on timers. Three of the sedges in the garage, one sedge and the palm in my living room. I kinda think that they really go dormant tho.

That sedge and that palm are often seen growing in yards and gardens from I-20 south year-round but may need to be replaced this year.

Well, I hope the older ones come back for you, but sometimes you have to start over.

I don't know much about carrying for plants indoors. They respond well to those bulbs when kept warm? Or was that a last-minute effort? I would think that high K fluorescent bulbs would be best even tho they don't supply heat. I have some potted Cyperus sedge plants and a palm that I bring indoors for the winter and keep under 6500 CFBs on timers. Three of the sedges in the garage, one sedge and the palm in my living room. I kinda think that they really go dormant tho.

That sedge and that palm are often seen growing in yards and gardens from I-20 south year-round but may need to be replaced this year.
Yeah but I don't know that I have another 20 years to get back to where I was. :D

The incandescent lights were just for extra heat in the greenhouse. The plants were pretty much dormant; I just didn't want them to freeze. In a normal winter they would have been fine, and if I hadn't lost power I think they would have got through this one as well.

Back
Top Bottom