Yemen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all from what I have learned . I will say this in my typical naive manner that there has to be a better way to solve differences other than war . The book I read states violence begets violence . I do not claim to know what the answer is but am of the opinion that we just can't go on slaughtering each other .

If Josey Wales and Ten Bears can make peace I think there's room for hope .

The book I read states violence begets violence . I do not claim to know what the answer is but am of the opinion that we just can't go on slaughtering each other .
It's Sunni v Shia it will go on as long for as long as fundamentalists in both these camps exist.

Now thanks to the information I have been provided with this is what I have just learned . Biden removed the Houthis from a international terrorist list and as soon as he did that they started acting like terrorists by bombing the UAE .

It's Sunni v Shia it will go on as long for as long as fundamentalists in both these camps exist.
Well my ideas have gotten me this far but my ideas have created problems that my ideas can't solve . SIGH

You know what's funny ? I'm thinking about a song by Barry McGuire called Eve Of Destruction that goes ,

The Eastern world it is exploding
violence flaring bullets loading
you're old enough to kill but not for voting
you don't believe in war but what's that gun you're toting
and even the Jordan river has bodies floating .

57 years latter and the Eastern world is still exploding and I hate to think of what's in that river .

They've been using drones to bomb Saudi for several years too prior to the recent attacks on the UAE

They've been using drones to bomb Saudi for several years too prior to the recent attacks on the UAE
Once again thank you for your insight .

Thank you for your civil response . Just like Brody said in Jaws , " I am only responding to what I was told ". I guess why I am so upset is children suffering . If I have misled anybody here than I apologize but I will stick to my original statement because I like to think I am informed and this is the first I had heard of this . I do not believe this is widely known .

You don't need to go that far to see people / children suffering… take a look at what has going on in Cuba for the last 60 years... their prisons are concentration camps.

There's a lot of people on this forum that vacation Cuba currently, which the number one sponsor of terrorism in this hemisphere.

If anyone thinks for one second that the Cuban government wouldn't do to you what they did to our diplomats, you got another thing coming.

Once again thank you for your insight .
So would it be safe to say that what we are witnessing between these Arabic tribes is like the feud between the Hatfield and McCoy 2.0 ?? That it is more cultural than anything else ??

So would it be safe to say that what we are witnessing between these Arabic tribes is like the feud between the Hatfield and McCoy 2.0 ?? That it is more cultural than anything else ??
Much more complicated when it comes to the Islamic religion and it's being going on longer than anything probably within Christianity, although I'm sure there are comparisons to be drawn. My sole experience of such divisions is limited to what was going on in Ireland during the last century.

You don't need to go that far to see people / children suffering… take a look at what has going on in Cuba for the last 60 years... their prisons are concentration camps.

There's a lot of people on this forum that vacation Cuba currently, which the number one sponsor of terrorism in this hemisphere.

If anyone thinks for one second that the Cuban government wouldn't do to you what they did to our diplomats, you got another thing coming.
My Opinion about Cuba has not changed since 1967 . What I have learned from my original question is because something is so prevalent it becomes acceptable . Remember what Joseph Goebbels said ," if you tell a lie long enough then people will believe it " This is the classic Machiavellian statement where the end justifies the means .
The if then statement . I will modify the latter by saying if enough people do it then it will become mundane . Because what's happening in the world is so prevalent and common and it's everywhere I'm afraid people have become overwhelmingly immune . Everybody's doing it so it loses it's humanity .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom