Yes or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noblesix

Contributor
Reaction score
1. Axiom i3
2. Cressi Air Travel
3. Dimension i3
4. Mares Dragon
5. Soul i3

Can you guys help me narrow down my options? I'm getting my very first BCD and I would like to get a second opinion. Just tell me yes or no.
For example:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Noooooo
5. Yesssss

I really appreciate it. Thank you.

UPDATED: I will use it for recreational diving in warm south east asian water. Probably for my divemaster internship as well. Cheers.

What is your criteria? What kind of diving/conditions are you planning for?

What is your criteria? What kind of diving/conditions are you planning for?

Hi Spectrum,

I will use it for recreational diving and maybe divemaster internship in warm water. Thank you.

Dee

No

(But then again... I love my BP/W and wouldn't dive any other...)

1. Axiom i3
2. Cressi Air Travel
3. Dimension i3
4. Mares Dragon
5. Soul i3

Just tell me yes or no.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. Noooooo
5. Yesssss

I really appreciate it. Thank you.

#4: Noooooo..... to all.

No

Dear Imla,

Thank you for telling me your preferences. Now, can you tell me your opinion about these 5 BCDs so I can narrow my options down? I'm sure you have heard about these BCDs before.

Regards,

Dee

Out of those choices, i pick the cressi, second would be the dragon. I dont like the axiom on at all(tried it in the pool in a 3mm and the ocean in drysuit). Nor am i a fan of the i3. Another bp/w user at home, but i will use anything if it means i dive.

Seriously, please stick to the guys question. Inferring to a newbee that a BPW was the way to go is not useful.

That said, you have a lot of I3s listed. I don't know anyone diving an I3 and you'll be an oddity in training. If you really want to go DM, stick to the standard training configuration - jacket or back inflate BC, reg, oct (no bungies), two button inflator, weight belt or integrated (but plan on training with a weight belt).

Why? I3 was pushed on me 3yrs ago, and I dodged it. Finished my DM in Sept. Noone in any classes I trained with/interned and now teach in uses anything but the standard training config. Its not helpful to students for you to have a significantly different config than them, in OW and even AOW classes. What you dive on you own time, totally different matter IMHO. But more importantly, there is nothing wrong and everything right with the standard training configuration. It works and its simple, and that's why we use it.

FWIW, I bought, dive and train peeps in my Aqualung Balance. Not on your list, but its what my LDS sells and services. That should be part of your buying equation.

Out of those choices, i pick the cressi, second would be the dragon. I dont like the axiom on at all(tried it in the pool in a 3mm and the ocean in drysuit). Nor am i a fan of the i3. Another bp/w user at home, but i will use anything if it means i dive.
Hi Tkdgodess,Thanks for the reply. Have you tried axiom without drysuit? Is BP/W suitable for beginner or recreational diver?Dee

---------- Post added December 28th, 2013 at 11:38 PM ----------

Seriously, please stick to the guys question. Inferring to a newbee that a BPW was the way to go is not useful.That said, you have a lot of I3s listed. I don't know anyone diving an I3 and you'll be an oddity in training. If you really want to go DM, stick to the standard training configuration - jacket or back inflate BC, reg, oct (no bungies), two button inflator, weight belt or integrated (but plan on training with a weight belt).Why? I3 was pushed on me 3yrs ago, and I dodged it. Finished my DM in Sept. Noone in any classes I trained with/interned and now teach in uses anything but the standard training config. Its not helpful to students for you to have a significantly different config than them, in OW and even AOW classes. What you dive on you own time, totally different matter IMHO. But more importantly, there is nothing wrong and everything right with the standard training configuration. It works and its simple, and that's why we use it.FWIW, I bought, dive and train peeps in my Aqualung Balance. Not on your list, but its what my LDS sells and services. That should be part of your buying equation.
Dear Maniago,It's ok. Imla was trying to say that as a beginner BPW maybe not suitable. I listed i3 because I love technology and I think this technology is quite cool. I understand that when I become a DM or instructor, I have to demonstrate the skills using the standard configuration. I don't mind using, for example, the regular Axiom instead of i3. It's just my personal opinion and taste. Thanks for the advice.Dee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom