Yet another ingenious UW breathing device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selling a compressed air device to folks who haven't got a clue about Boyle's law and gas embolisms? What can possibly go wrong?

Just look away as it will be BAD, Darwin awards will fly off the shelf and the amount of "Hold my beer" moments will be as numerous as the stars in the summer sky!

One that barely has any bottoms on...

The attempt at "hold my beer proofing" will be insane. The warning pages are probably going to be longer than the rest of the manual.

So, they made $150,000. That's not enough to pay for one lawsuit!

It's a spare air and a bicycle pump. In a box.

Nothing to see here. Please move along...

Junk like this gets "invented" every day. There's probably about a hundred "ersatz-scuba for the super lazy" products out there.

They've put a lot of effort into the video... just don't let on that anything you can do with ersatz-scuba, you can do with the most basic of freediving.

It's a spare air and a bicycle pump. In a box.

Nothing to see here. Please move along...

Pretty much.

Except it's a 3 stage hp pump typically good for maybe up to near 4500 PSI - like the kind used for PCP air-guns.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/High-Pre...4707&wl11=online&wl12=419079574&wl13=&veh=sem

And you will be hand pumping longer (and quite hard as it goes on) than the dive time available from the volume, even just below the surface. Questionable nonsense of course. But, still, what bugs me more than all that is the filtration or possibly lack of it....

Selling a compressed air device to folks who haven't got a clue about Boyle's law and gas embolisms? What can possibly go wrong?

In fairness you can buy pretty much any scuba equipment with no training. Including rebreathers. Gas supply companies will happily sell you o2 and He as well if you want to buy it in J's with no cards.

I think people get too excited about lawsuits. Are Scubapro at risk of a lawsuit if they sell my a bcd and some regs and I kill myself? As long as the equipment works as it should I can't see it being an issue.

Back
Top Bottom