Yet another ingenious UW breathing device

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a scuba unit. I cannot see telling a prospective customer that it is such would be pooping on a competing product. The things that would worry me most about this product, aside from the embolism risk is what you would be introducing into your lungs. Humid, unfiltered air being compressed to 3kpsi and then released will cause condensation in the bottle, allowing what ever to grow. Not to mention micro droplets of oil. The gauge in the ad only goes to 1,000, wonder what that means....

The girls in floss were nice, but there seemed to be a lot of reef touching going on. Ultimately, this is a jobs program for lawyers. The good news is that 95% of these will never be properly or improperly deployed. 15% will be returned for a refund and 80% will clutter basements, tagsales and goodwill stores. The unreturned inventory is the profit.

This is a scuba unit. I cannot see telling a prospective customer that it is such would be pooping on a competing product. The things that would worry me most about this product, aside from the embolism risk is what you would be introducing into your lungs. Humid, unfiltered air being compressed to 3kpsi and then released will cause condensation in the bottle, allowing what ever to grow. Not to mention micro droplets of oil. The gauge in the ad only goes to 1,000, wonder what that means....

I read that it does have a filter. Probably equal to a cotton ball.

It also has an adapter so you can fill it from a scuba tank. That might nearly eliminate the contaminated air, but why would someone who has a scuba tank want this thing? They must be marketing to the paintball crowd.

My take on the 1000 psi is that the scantily-clad young woman finds the great-big body-builder and has him pump for a while. I still think 1000 is quite a stretch with a hand pump.

This is such a rip. First off, it's obviously a spare air so that's nothing new and the pump is one commonly used on high pressure air guns. The girl pumping the thing up is sooooo misleading. Its that easy for the first few hundred psi but it gets real hard when you start getting over 2k. I have had the "pleasure" of pumping an air gun up to around 2500 psi and it took all my weight to press the pump down, no way a small person is going to get the thing up to full pressure.
And to top it off, if you read the comments it is being delayed.....now why is that since it's basically off the shelf items packaged together.

I am somewhat amused by the indignation on this thread
Should guns not be sold because Americans keep shooting lots of each other?
Should cars not be sold worldwide because plenty of people can't drive properly and kill?
I live on the edge of the Lake District and can buy fell walking boots without a license then go and kill myself by doing something daft on the top of a mountain.

I am somewhat amused by the indignation on this thread
Should guns not be sold because Americans keep shooting lots of each other?
Should cars not be sold worldwide because plenty of people can't drive properly and kill?
I live on the edge of the Lake District and can buy fell walking boots without a license then go and kill myself by doing something daft on the top of a mountain.
I believe the indignation is that stupid people fall for this type of scheme all the time and get fleeced.

Maybe you are right - Stupid should be painful?

What’s daft is that you’re complaining about people exposing a scam. Now go buy your “fell” boots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom