Yet Another 'New Guy'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elgenivek

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. I have just recently earned my open water certification up here in the chilly waters of Michigan Hopefully it will lead to an exciting (although expensive) hobby perusing the Great Lakes as well as some tropical locations.

My wife is also working on her certification - although she had some sinus troubles that prevented her from completing her 4 required dives a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Congrats to both of you and good luck to your wife! I had some sinus troubles while doing my OW certification dives, so I know how she must feel! Let me know if I can do anything to help ya, send me a PM if you ever need anything... I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

congrats and welcome, i had alot of problems with my O/W dives(sinus) i just took it reall slow. I was having the same problems untill this summer i started diving a bunch, and now i have no problems, i took almost 3 weeks off before i dove this last weekend and the first dive was a bit sketchy, but after that, it was all good. So i think just get diving and it should be good.

Congrats and welcome. I am sure your wife will be right on your heels. Diving with someone you love is an incredible experience.

Elgenivek:
Greetings. I have just recently earned my open water certification up here in the chilly waters of Michigan Hopefully it will lead to an exciting (although expensive) hobby perusing the Great Lakes as well as some tropical locations.

My wife is also working on her certification - although she had some sinus troubles that prevented her from completing her 4 required dives a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Elgenivek,

Congratulations and best of luck to your wife. I'm in Minnesota and understand the "Chilly Waters." I will be completing my OW Cert the end of this month. I just hope the weather decides to warm up a bit.

I hope to do some diving in Michigan next summer while I'm visiting my Brother in South Bend, Indiana. We usually make it to the St. Joseph beach a couple times each summer.

Pam

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums. Check out our New To Scuba forum.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I'm sure you and your wife will be happily "chilling" together on dives soon!

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we have a bit more specific idea of where you are geographically (Lake Michigan's got a lot of coastline :11: ), you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Hi my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board. :balloon

Back
Top Bottom