Yet another new member.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTKnox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a quick hello from an actually cold Knoxville, TN fellow diver. (What's the deal with the weather this winter, anyway?).

Currently pretending to work as I've officially run out of things to do for the day.

Been diving for 2.5 years now, nothing special compared to many of you, but you've gotta start somewhere, right? I'm a pool rat for the U. of Tennessee's basic OW class, and have been since I took it myself.

Currently looking forward to May 26th and a 3hr flight to Grand Cayman. It's going to be a loooong semester!

Hey UTKnox,

I am up here too obviously, questioning the weather the same way. You actually do any diving around here this time of year? I am looking to get some dives in sometime soon, and its hard to find many people up here willing to go this time of year.

I hear ya on the long semester. I got a liveaboard in July that seems to have stopped time right now.

Anyways, enjoy the board. Look forward to maybe meeting you soon.

-Matt

Nah, no diving around here for me, too cold. What can I say, I'm a sissy. I've been spoiled by the warm water. We do make annual trips to Loch-Low Minn locally & Vortex down in Northern FL, outside of that I'm pretty much warm or bust. We also Largo trips twice a year, although we're canning the March trip in favor of GC in May.

Appreciate the well wishes.

I'm new also UTKnox

Sorry about all the cold weather up there it's not going to be long and it will warm up for you guys. Why Northern FL. why not the Keys it's much better diving here. Just thougth I would ask.

Yep, know what you mean, those ice bergs were really tough at sweetwater last weekend!

Actually, I'm a wimp, only dive in the warm waters. Good to have some others from knoxville on the board.

A big welcome

Welcome to waterworld and enjoy your trip.

I'm actually enjoying the cold, honestly. I dont really have time or $ to go to where the waters are warm, especially considering the upcoming trip.

As for why Northern FL as opposed to the Keys, we do both. We goto Northern FL in the Spring & local in the Fall for checkouts, and Key Largo for fun in March & August.

Vortex gets old, that's for sure. We lucked out in Morrison last year, the thing was crystal clear. You could see straight down to the bottom of the hole just by sticking your head under from the surface. Absolutely amazing!

Largo we dive with Atlantis. Slate's bunche typically keeps things pretty interesting for us, so that's a welcome relief from schooling the guppies.

speargirl:
I'm new also UTKnox

Sorry about all the cold weather up there it's not going to be long and it will warm up for you guys. Why Northern FL. why not the Keys it's much better diving here. Just thougth I would ask.

Loch-Low or Philly? Either way, you've got bigger cajones than I!

N692BC:
Yep, know what you mean, those ice bergs were really tough at sweetwater last weekend!

Actually, I'm a wimp, only dive in the warm waters. Good to have some others from knoxville on the board.

A big welcome

Hey bud and welcome from tropical England (not)!

Back
Top Bottom