Yet another UK newbie...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

There seem to be a few of us Essex divers around, although I don't know if I can truly claim this as I have never braved the UK waters. It's tough to live in the UK when you love warm water and diving... I certified at the beginning of 2001 but haven't had much chance to dive since, although hoping to do Cozumel and the Red Sea next year!

cheers
Rosie

across the big pond. Glad you found us and hope that you enjoy your surface interval here.

jbd

Hi Rosie,

welcome aboard......

I qualified in tropical waters and spend most of my time diving them. I would say give the UK a go, it is different, but it is great.

What-ever you get up to and where-ever you dive be safe be happy.

Ad

Hi Rosie,

where did you certify? done most of my warm water diving in Egypt, but dive UK also.

Welcome aboard!

Phil

Hi,

I certified in Malaysia - toasty warm water!! Lots of fish to see too..

cheers
Rosie

Hello!

Have no fear of Brit waters. I learned abraod and was really apprehensive about diving here. Now I am TOTALLY into it. (I'll admit to dry suit diving at this point)

I think a lot of people are down on it because they are used to the fantastic sites abroad, but there is plenty to recommend diving here. We have some quite funky fish (fave is the Tom Pot Blenny), diving and coming across a seal in the water is awesome. Lots of wrecks. The chance to dive without meeting 25 other people all at the same site....

See, take the plunge. Its weird at first but worth it.

Booga

welcome to the board. the best way to get around the cold water is to get the right exposure suit and just go in. You will eventually get used to it. Can't always wait to go to Cozumel to go diving. We have to brave the cold water:D

The Loch Ness monster is just a bunch of discarded tractor tires!

Back
Top Bottom