yoke hog first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bring in some complete yoke kits. they will retail for approx $45-60. Feb/March or so should arrive.

This is one of the reasons I have switched all my regs to HOG. I like the fact that a company will sell it's customers what they want and not what the company wants to sell us.

My brother has a Hog in yoke. Its not an adapter either. I'm not sure who did it for him, probably Piranha but that's just a guess. Pm me if you want me to ask him and I'll let you know.

BP1 I would guess. I brought in some for a special purpose and had to order more than I needed in yoke. There are a couple out there in the wild. If not a BP1 then it's not a HOG first stage, they are the only ones I ever did in yoke.

My brother has a Hog in yoke. Its not an adapter either. I'm not sure who did it for him, probably Piranha but that's just a guess. Pm me if you want me to ask him and I'll let you know.

That would be incorrect information, for most modern regulators. I also own two of the adapters you are referring to, that I keep at my air compressor for filling other peoples tanks when needed. One of those adapters is a kit from SP that uses the yoke fittings removed when swapping to DIN. I have swapped from DIN to yoke and yoke to DIN many times, and since it can be done with a couple wrenches of varying sorts, I consider them "bolt on". The parts are available to change HOG regs to yoke and can be had from many places including DRIS, I just wonder if there is a market for the manufacturer to offer the parts.

My apologies. When you said "bolt on" I was thinking of something a little quicker, more along the lines of the spin on adapter that I use.

Glad you brought it up though. Now I have an excuse to have a set of travel regs with a yoke 1st stage & my stay at home set of regs that will stay DIN.

Why mess with a Frist stage.... Just carry the adaptor and use it when needed. Just got back from St Marteen and if they did not have DIN tanks I just screwed on the adaptor and dove.......

They had never seen the HOG regs and I loaned them to the shop to try on one set of dives and they loved them..... They also loved the price... :wink:

I just do not see why to mess with a factory connector if they have a spin on one.

Why mess with a Frist stage.... Just carry the adaptor and use it when needed.

I just do not see why to mess with a factory connector if they have a spin on one.

I can tell you what my reason would be. Of course this will not apply to everyone.

With my "native" yoke reg, I have just enough room between the first stage and my head to be comfortable. If I were to add the depth that is caused by a "spin on" yoke adapter, it would no longer be comfortable. For that reason, I would not choose to use one, and would rather use a "native" connection, whether it be DIN or yoke.

Blue Sparkle

tye "native" connection on a HOG is DIN :)

before i get the connection kit in I will have the new EDGE regs...fr folks looking for serious performance and value in a yoke native reg...that would be my recommendation
I can tell you what my reason would be. Of course this will not apply to everyone.

With my "native" yoke reg, I have just enough room between the first stage and my head to be comfortable. If I were to add the depth that is caused by a "spin on" yoke adapter, it would no longer be comfortable. For that reason, I would not choose to use one, and would rather use a "native" connection, whether it be DIN or yoke.

Blue Sparkle

before i get the connection kit in I will have the new EDGE regs...fr folks looking for serious performance and value in a yoke native reg...that would be my recommendation

I'd be interested in picking one of the Edge first stages up. How would I go about doing that?

I'd be interested in picking one of the Edge first stages up. How would I go about doing that?

Any Edge/HOG dealer should be able to set you up. If you're looking for specific recommendations you can't go wrong with either Jim Lapenta here on the board, Dive Right In Scuba or Dive Gear Express. All three have bent over backwards for me and I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Why mess with a Frist stage.... Just carry the adaptor and use it when needed. Just got back from St Marteen and if they did not have DIN tanks I just screwed on the adaptor and dove.......

tye "native" connection on a HOG is DIN :)
cerich,

I am not understanding your reply to me - would you mind clarifying?

If you're wondering why I just didn't go with a "native" DIN reg - it was because I knew most/all of my near-future diving would be with rented yoke-valved tanks in Florida. (Whereas if I'd known I would be diving with my own tanks I would have chosen DIN.)

I came really close to buying the HOG regs; they were my first choice, and I wanted them, but the native DIN connection didn't make it a workable choice for me at the time. That's why I "liked" your post about offering HOG regs with the choice of either a native yoke or a native DIN connection option in future (and thus the ability to convert them or have them converted "internally").

Blue Sparkle

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom