You could make the deciding statement! x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
It would have to be warm - remember I spend my time in the UK - the area that warmth bipasses!

Just had to ask... I live & dive in chilly water too, but I am going to Canada for my big vacation this fall.

-kate

The reason I say warm is cause the only way you'd get me and my partner diving in anything cold is if you throw us in (and throwing my partner in would be quite amusing...he's not a small chappy!)

Joewr, your idea of two weeks in Northern California helping you build something in your shop sounds interesting!!!

Mattiedread, I have dived in the Red Sea before, from Hurgurda in Egypt....otherwise known as the scary building site!!!

The diving was great, but I'd only get my partner there kicking and screaming - thats where we met and he was working out there...altho maybe on a live-a-board!

Maldives sounds devinine...but other than diving I would be bored stiff! Although my parents love it, my dad dives and my mum reads and gets....pis....i mean drunk!

Anyone have any stories about a great or awful holiday they've been on???

Its always a good thing to find out about a place before choosing to go there!

ScubaBaby,
Brac Reef Resort, Brac Reef, Cayman Islands. The best. Wish I was there now.
Mike

So, have you been there before???
If you have, what was the diving like? Is there much to do???

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
The reason I say warm is cause the only way you'd get me and my partner diving in anything cold is if you throw us in (and throwing my partner in would be quite amusing...he's not a small chappy!)

Hey I'd be happy to do the honors. :) But seriously.... Do you not dive in your cold home waters?

-kate

ScubaBaby,

Easy, Bonaire. It has some of the best shore diving in the world and dive resorts that make divers their priority, not just a sideline. The people are friendly, it's safe to walk down the street, the food is great and the water is safe to drink. I know there are direct flights from Europe on KLM but not sure what airport they fly out of. On the "down side", if you want a lot of night life (bars and clubs) there aren't many. Eat, dive and sleep are the main things to do on Bonaire.

ScubaKat....sadly I dont really get the opportunity to do any serious diving around where I live.

My partner is a Master Instructor with PADI so as you can imagine he's done a lot of diving both in warmer waters and the UK. I kinda got the message when he sold his drysuit that he wasnt planning on diving in the UK any time soon!

The only diving I do really around here is in the swimming pool at the moment.

My nearest place to dive is about an hour away and when I went there to dive, I couldnt even see when my head was an inch from the surface. I guess I am a wimp as I did to SEE things rather than dive to get wet!

When I have got further through my DM course (doing all the theory and pool based stuff at the moment) I wont get much of a choice and I will be spending weekends up at Stoney Cove and the dreaded lake on muck! Oh joy!?

Ever done the Micronesia circuit? Palua, Yap, Truk? That would be an idea, but there isn't much to do topside. But, the diving is incredible!

Bali has some nice diving...and SHOPPING galore!! Exchange rate is unreal! And some beautiful stuff! I really enjoyed the different culture in Bali.

Do you want a strictly dive vacation...or a combination of underwater and above water attractions?

Try Tenerife
I live here now for a few Jears and I still find lots and lots of Divinglocations that are beautiful verry good vis almost all year round lots of shoredive locations and lots of boattrips are being offered here.The landside is not bad either.
If you want any more information on Tenerife Diving send me a Mail.
Michael
P.s. How is Colcheester doing I have spent three jears of my life in the riverside estate.But that is about 20 jears back.

Hi Scuba1!
When I was thinking about getting certified last year I considered going to Tenerife (Canary Islands right?). I would still like to try to make it there.

-kate

Back
Top Bottom