You ever get thirsty while underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep6diver

Reaction score
Hi from a new guy,

Just thought I would say hi from the great south puget sound area in washington. If you ever get a chance to dive up here don't pass it up.

thanks. Bill

Hello, Deep6!

Welcome from a fellow Washingtonian.

Sometimes I get terribly thirsty on a dive! You're supposed to drink lots of water B-4 diving. But then after a while that water cycles through and kinda takes the fun out of things.

So what's the solution? Ever try taking down a Camelbak? :silly:

deep6diver:
You ever get thirsty while underwater?
Yes

deep6diver:
If you ever get a chance to dive up here don't pass it up.
Don't you mean "down there?" :wink:
You're right, though - don't pass it up - you are blessed with some great sites and great divers to explore them with.

find a plastic water bottle with a "pop up" nipple on it. (the kind that seals itself) ... the thinner the plastic it's made of, the better. .... just remove the reg, pop the bottle in your mouth and take a drink, then re-seal the nipple. ... The thinner the plastic, the easier the bottle will "crush" as you drain the water from it.

I got dry mouth when I started Scuba, but maybe my body adjusted. Breathing that super dry air can dry anyone out, and you certainly lose liquids when you exhale. Work on drinking more non-diuretics before and after diving. You may need to pee more, but virtually everyone goes in their suits while diving.

Welcome to SB. :wavey: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

don

well... i don't get thirsty so much as my mouth is dry from that compressed
air.

i don't know if this is the same thing.

That is why I bring a bottle of water on every dive.

Wlcome to hte board....

IslandHopper:
find a plastic water bottle with a "pop up" nipple on it. (the kind that seals itself) ... the thinner the plastic it's made of, the better. .... just remove the reg, pop the bottle in your mouth and take a drink, then re-seal the nipple. ... The thinner the plastic, the easier the bottle will "crush" as you drain the water from it.

and make sure you fill it with guinness. its good food and helps you differentiate it with the surrounding. :coke: :150:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom