You ever get thirsty while underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before i do bring dringking water with me, now i justmake sure i drink lots of water, juices or tea while i am in the resort.

At an earlier time , i bring with me GATORADE in tetrapacks. yes i was able to get those tetra packs instead of bottles. instead of throwing them pack away i refill them with water. underwater i just open and squeeze some of the water out and a quick cap on the pack .

....meaning that I just take the regulator out of my my mouth and take a drink. Oh yeah, and I keep a couple of jugs of water that do with me for S.I.'s too.

diverbrian:
....meaning that I just take the regulator out of my my mouth and take a drink. Oh yeah, and I keep a couple of jugs of water that do with me for S.I.'s too.

Urgh...I dive in the Great Lakes and St Lawrence River; after even just a 30 minute dive, my fingernails start to rip off in layers. Drink that water? No thanks!! As far as I'm concerned, it's called fresh water only to differentiate it from salt water. Once, I was in Lake Simcoe, my buddy had to call the dive coz he felt sick from the water! OK that's pretty extreme, but no matter how thirsty I get, I don't drink the lake water. River water I'll drink if I'm desperate, which is not often.

But Guiness, now that's a different story!! :coke:

Haven't tried one of the Biofilters that you put on your first stage but from what I have heard, they work. They help eliminate the dry mouth situation as well as filter the air just in case something is in your tank that shouldn't be. They also claim other nice things, like more bottom time. ( I need one of these since I don't have much bottom)
Here is the web site www.apollosportsusa.com

crpnt133:
Haven't tried one of the Biofilters that you put on your first stage but from what I have heard, they work. They help eliminate the dry mouth situation as well as filter the air just in case something is in your tank that shouldn't be. They also claim other nice things, like more bottom time. ( I need one of these since I don't have much bottom)
Here is the web site www.apollosportsusa.com

Boy, talk about advertising! :jestera: Their site claims:

minimizes risk of decompression sickness
reduced level of fatigue from dehydration
lower incidence of post dive headaches
easier pressure equalization
increased bottom time

The first 4 of these I can maybe buy, if the filter actually added much moistre, but "increased bottom time" - from a little moisture in the air??? Anyone wanta' buy some oceanfront land in Colorado? :voskl1:

I don't think I want moist air in my hoses anyway; better to work on hydration before and between dives, I think. :blah:

don

Back
Top Bottom