You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!- New Aqualung BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just read about the new BC with the i3 inflator.

A direct quote :"The innovative i3 allows divers to simply and intuitively control their ascent and descent by pulling a lever up and down to surface or dive deeper."

What happened to buoyancy control??? And look at the design, does that handle look like an entanglement hazard looking to happen? Imagine some kelp getting wrapped around it and you shoot to the surface or sink to the floor. Did anyone with diving experience read the copy or think about the implications of this design?

145-Proi3.jpg

They've run out of good ideas. And they wanted to prove it.

I thought the same thing.

Also where is the oral inflate hose?
Hidden away that is where, Isn't that something that when you need it you shouldn't have to look for it?

deepblueme:
I thought the same thing.

Also where is the oral inflate hose?
Hidden away that is where, Isn't that something that when you need it you shouldn't have to look for it?

I just read the write up on it. No mention was made of it having an oral inflator. Could thtey have eliminated the idea altogether?

So it's an inflator when you move the lever one way, and a dump valve when you move it the other?

This is the i3? What about i1 and i2? How could something be that much poorly designed than this that they would can it and move on?

actually, it seems interesting.....for resort divers. I'm all for innovation, but I thing that the hose over the shoulder is one of those things where if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

yep up to inflated down to deflate just move the lever the way you want to go. oh wait a minit I inflate while I'm going down and deflate when I'm coming up until I get to the top and inflate to stay there.....I'm soooo confused

In the photo this BC appears to retain the velcro-ed flap on the left shoulder that one normally uses to secure the inflator hose. Is that so when you give up on this stupid and dangerous idea you can go back to a normal inflator?

I also noted this line in the product description: "should you ever need to rinse the inside of your BC." Kind of makes you wonder who they see as their target market.

yep. run out of ideas. It'l flop.
I had seen this before. There is an oral inflator hidden away, something like on the Mares HUB.

Back
Top Bottom