You know you dive too much when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamnid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
well I can't believe that no one's actually started this thread but I can't find it anywhere so here goes...
You know you dive too much when...

1) You refer to the rest of your life as "a surface interval"

You spend most of your free time reading these forums and quite rarely ever pick up an actual book to read......

You only use dive hand signals to communicate with your friends and family

there is a permanent assortment of lead in all your vehicles.....even when gas is 4.00 gallon.

You look for ways to combine the hobbies you have on land with SCUBA. Photography is a prime example.

you don't even have a BEER the night before going on a dive. (that is a massive self sacrifice!)

The folks at your LDS not only know you by name, but also know your gear configuration, gear color preferences, etc. I had a friend go into the shop to buy me something for Christmas. The gentleman who helped him knew I didn't have a BC knife, so suggested that. Even knew the one that would work with my BC and the right color. I love that guy!

Explain to me again please, exactly what is too much diving?

lol okay i should have name this thread "you know when you're obsessive about diving!"

when....you want your friend to pass you some chips from his plate so you signal "out of air" then "share air" as happened a while ago to me. Somehow, he knew what i meant though and passed me some chips yay!

hee hee okay -

I sometimes wonder if I'm obcessive when my gear does not have the chance to dry out for weeks at a time . :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom