You know you'r a "cyber-diver"when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Not to offend anyone.Simply for humor as I'm bushed after putting in 6 more hrs updating/maintaining my boat.

You may be a "cyber-diver" if....

1.Your post count on Scubaboard exceeds your dive count.
2.You have strong opinions on divesites you've never been too.
3.You have a custom avatar.
4.You have actually met NetDoc,UnclePug or Genesis.
c'mon:wink:

90% of all posters on any scuba related board, are text book divers. That is, they read anything and everything about diving, but do little if any diving themselves.
They talk a really good game, and appear very knowledgeable, however they have little to no actual experience in the type of diving, they appear to be so knowledgeable about.
In other words they are all full of crap !

I wish you were updating my boat - I left it in Lantana after the port engine decided to visit East Jesus. And tomorrow, I have to figure out how to get my worthless carcass from Boca Raton back up to Lantana. Then I have to get the boat back to Boca, get back to Lantana to get my truck, and not get aggravated enough to pull out my 10mm and open fire on people irritating me.
There is a LOT to be said for cyberdiving...

Arduous:
90% of all posters on any scuba related board, are text book divers. That is, they read anything and everything about diving, but do little if any diving themselves.
They talk a really good game, and appear very knowledgeable, however they have little to no actual experience in the type of diving, they appear to be so knowledgeable about.
In other words they are all full of crap !

Why are you here?

R..

Ok, now I'm definitely guilty of my posts exceeding my dive count!!!
But I have a few to add:

5. The decongestants in your Save-a-Dive kit (that aren't supposed to be there) expired two years ago.

6. You've seen the dental hygenist for a teeth cleaning twice since your last dive.

7. Your dive gear is stored with the Christmas decorations.

8 - when someone uses the word "regulator" your first association is "laxative"

9 - You think a dive-slate is made of stone

10 - When your morning ritual involves 10 minutes of eating breakfast and drinking coffee and 45 minutes of scanning "New posts"

Diver0001:
10 - When your morning ritual involves 10 minutes of eating breakfast and drinking coffee and 45 minutes of scanning "New posts"
Oh nooooo, that takes me all eight hours while I'm at work!!!!!

This cyber-diving thing takes hard work and dedication!!

11. When you're reluctant to leave the computer to go diving because you'll be too far behind.

Oh, oh......got another one.

11. When you take a laptop and wireless phone connection on your dive trips/road trips to check up on the postings.

12) you pass up an invitation to go diving with your buddies so you can catch up on your posts.

13... when people refer to you in real life by your screen name.

I had a guy walk up to me at one DEMA a few years back and introduce himself to me by his screen name. ........... "Hi i'm "SeaWeedBreath"

(oh and I was just in the pool with my 6 year old and her new scuba gear ...)

JDS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom