You might be a scuba addict if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmao...I am so addicted. I can relate to all these stories.

Just have to add a few:

Pulled the pool tarp back in the middle of winter just so I could gear up, sit on the bottom, and listen to the bubbles...(put pool in just to dive in).

Bought battery operated fish for the pool to simulate ocean conditions (training purposes).

Buy my own christmas, so I get the right dive gear....Gave myself my christmas list early this year so I can spend more time looking for new gear.

-- buy a new Audi A4, then buy a thrashed Astro Van to keep from getting the Audi upholstery from getting wet

--have a dive flag is as big as a bed sheet and hoist it from the main halyard

BTW: I've dived the Jacuzzi! (I had to turn off the heat the day before, then had to explain to the wife why it was cold.)

I blew out my shoulder and will need surgery on it. Am ignoring the pain and putting it off til after my Feb dive trip.
My girlfriend introduces herself to my dive buddies as a "scuba-widow"
C-Dawg

God... I can relate. I am soooo addicted.

My gear sits in the dive bag behind the bedroom door. All I have to do is grab it and go.

You might be addicted if you've washed your gear at least 20 times more than your vehicle, over the past year.

(My poor grungy-azzed Jeep can attest to this... Poor girl...) LMAO

Wow ... someone said something about a waterproof cast on their wrist. Tell me more so I can ask my ortho to replace mine with a waterproof one.

Thanks

BTW: You might be addicted if you post a request for info about waterproof casts.

You can spot dive flag license plates on parked cars, moving cars... and get upset that the "dive flag" sign down the block is really just another business with a red and white logo.

You've considered starting a conversation with someone exiting one of those vehicles.

Trisha:
... and get upset that the "dive flag" sign down the block is really just another business with a red and white logo.

That's right!!! :D My wife and I were in Sugar Loaf in Upstate New York and I spotted a dive flag sign in one of the stores in the distance. As I started rushing towards the "diveshop" I realized it was a sign for Coca Cola. Oh the wishful thinking! I guess it's time to update the prescription? :D

rapidiver:
Salt water begins to taste good :martini:
Or, as someone landlocked and diving fresh water, you say you need to get a little salt in your diet, and your buddies know you're talking roadtrip, and not about drinking tequila ( til after the dive):wink:
C-Dawg

You might be a scuba addict if... like me your longest dive to date is a night dive lasting 1 hour and 10 minutes, in 68 degree water wearing full gear, 3 mm full wetsuit, underwater camera, dive computer, wearing no fins, with a maximum depth of 40 icfw (inches chlorinated fresh water) while cleaning my daughter's back yard swimming pool.

I forgot to mention that it was a solo dive but I did have surface support. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom