Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Making my 900th dive in Cozumel Mexico with old friends I haven't seen in several years.
Planning out my dives now so I can meet my goal. (57 to go).

For me, 2014 should be interesting:

- Maybe a new year's dive on the st-lawrence
- Two weeks of diving in Ft Lauderdale and Key Largo in Feb
- A few practice dives in March towards spring
- Fundies in May in Ottawa, On
- Summer trip in Tobermory in July
- Weekend trip in les Escoumins somewhere around August
- The rest will be unplanned dive trips locally and possibly a Fundies recert in fall 2014 if I score a provisional pass on fundies.

Hoping for less teaching and more diving. Would like to rack up some trimix hours, possibly get to the EM Clark. I'm thinking of shifting my focus from OW divers to AOW-Pro's. So much more fun to teach divers that already have some competence in the sport prior to meeting them.
Wouldn't mind going back to the mighty O again this year, there is so much I haven't seen on that wreck.

I've booked 3 dive weekends so far (2 in January, one in July). How many of those will actually happen, who knows. This is the UK after all. I'll probably book a few more weekends and day trips to the sea as well. I'm hoping to do some more dives for the Portland Harbour wreck, and also hoping to do a trimix cert of some description (most likely rec 3).
The goal is 150 total dives, with 50 of them being sea dives. Hopefully the weather cooperates

July - Vacation with extended family in Maldive

Not confirmed though. I may not to go altogether if my dad insist on going as well. I would rather stay home than to travel, let alone dive, with him.

Hawaii in February...Big Island around Hilo in particular, but I want to get over to Kohala for at least one day.

As much local diving as I can stand...bad weather, rain and flooding pretty much wiped out this year for me, but a dozen dives at least if conditions are favourable.

I was hoping to do a week-long liveaboard [Lost Island Voyages] in May-June in the Bahamas, but the pal I was supposed to be going with has jammed out on me. I may be shopping for a buddy after the New Year.

It sucks to be an inland diver with only 3 weeks vacation per year...

Only overseas plans I have is to return to Lembeh Straits again, this time with my daughter after she graduates in June.

Other than that I have all my local diving in UAE and plan to get down to Oman to dive the Damaniyats a few times as well as return to dive Musandam (North Oman). Hopefully work opportunities will allow me to dive the Red Sea next year from Jeddah in Saudi and perhaps Aqaba in Jordan.

Well, 2013 involved a lot of investment (diving, gear, trips) but 2014 hopefully is just more diving (with a little bit of gear ... don't have tanks) with (hopefully) Local diving here and 'weekend' trips out to Vancouver Is. every few weeks (Fingers crossed!)

My biggest problem, is I work too frequently. Need to find a clone to fill in on the 'weekends' .........

Booked a few trips already:
- SoCal in Feb (1 day of diving)
- Invasion (+1 extra day on the end)

Wouldn't mind doing fundies, tried to align with one last year, didn't work out.

Hopefully I'm done buying gear (for a while ... I need some tanks)

Well tonight I start the local diving ... at the pool, getting used to the new setup!

BRad

Last edited:
Starting the season off with Lionfish kill in the Bahamas, Hatteras x2, maybe some OC as well. Then whatever tickles our fancy trip-wise. At least every other week at Dutch Springs with my bestest dive buddy/wife, and one weekend a month DM'ing. Probably add a second LDS to my DM schedule. Maybe get aquarium certified for DM'ing there. So many choices, so little time! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom