Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a dive season because we dive year-round in San Carlos, but my fiance and I are going on a cruise to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta in February. Then, in September we're taking a long cruise in the South Pacific followed up by five days in Fiji. We'll be diving Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and Fiji on the cruise, and Noumea, if we can hook up with someone. We're getting married during our five days in Fiji.

Besides as much of the usual east coast wreck diving that I can get in, I booked my tickets for 10 days in Truk next October with a couple days in Guam.

Bonne Terre Mine in February or March
A bunch of 40-60 ft wreck dives in the area

Big trips to make:
Anna C. Minch / Novadoc sometime in the summer, utilizing vintage gear
Thunder Bay Preserve (Monrovia, Grecian, E.B. Allen on day 1 maybe?)

Mainly though, finish getting my beat up dive boat ready for next season:

The outboard I picked up for it needs a lower unit rebuild, new ignition wires, and a new ignition switchbox.

This is going to be one busy diving year!

Fam trip to the Philippines in February, in preparation for taking a group there in October. (Anybody want to join us?)

That sounds like an interesting invite....

Number 1 priority is to get back in the water after my back surgery... 1st physiotherepy session on Xmas eve.

Bali in June

get off my fat a$$ and get to dive leader (BSAC) or Rescue (PADI) and finish my deco course (pre injury)

Will start 2014 dive season by surfacing at 00.15am Jan 1 in Puerto Galera Phillipines, home diving as required under the ship year round but will be home until March, March trip to Sumatra or Lembeh then August set off on a 12 week trip - Mauritius, Reunion, Zanzibar, Pemba, Madagascar, Comoros, Seychelles and possibly home via Maldives. Be home diving as required until a couple of days after christmas so I can repeat NYE dive somewhere else - possibly Fiji.

Heading to Tulum on January 3rd for some cave diving. Peru in November ... Machu Pichu and some diving up on the north coast. Haven't made much for plans beyond that, although I have a gift certificate with a Nanaimo dive charter that I'll be using up at some point.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll be getting off to a good start as my wife is taking me to Little Cayman at the end of January for my 60th birthday.

Last August, I was hit by boat off Delray, Florida, I'll skip that this year and get in the extra 10 days of diving

If everything goes right I will be spending next summer diving in 5-20 ft depths over a sand bottom with bad visibility. I've been waiting 40 years to do it and finally have things ready to go

Family vacation already planned for Maui and Kauai. The only question is how many days can my daughter and I get!! Hope to do Rescue diver certification this year as well but will try to get as many local shore dives in as my son's sports schedule will allow.

Back
Top Bottom