Your 2014 dive season plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We usually run our own boats. Chances are, it'll be my Zodiac FC470 and the other local guy's Zodiac Pro 550. But, if we don't have two boats or one boat with twins, we usually don't go more than a few miles out.

You're more than welcome to join us!

Very cool! Sounds like a solid rig! Thank you for the invite. I take my own boat as well, it's not ideal, but we make it work. 21ft Searay Cuddy with a late model repower, it handles the bigger waves pretty well. Usually we stay on the boat in the harbor to minimize costs. We usually try to give ourselves two to three days there as the weather can be very unpredictable and rough. Farthest out we've gone so far is about 16 miles to E.B. Allen. It was too rough to try Monrovia when we were there last summer lol. Were you planning on one day or more?

Flipping back to a 2013 Scubaboard thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...190-2013-scuba-resolutions-2.html#post6587037

-I'd really love to just explore more beautiful diving
-help mentor some more dive partners
-spend as much time as possible in the Mx caves
-I'd still love to take GUE Tech 1 one of these days
-learn more about repairing equipment
-and it would be cool to log dive 1,000 somewhere special, with good friends.

Did most of that & celebrated dive 1,000 on a very beautiful Mx Cave dive :)

Would like to:

Mentor more dive partners
Learn more about repairing equipment
Do more DPV dives
Still would like to take GUE Tech 1 (one of these days)
Spend more time diving Mexico caves
Start exploring Florida caves & wreck penetrations a bit more
Help out with more underwater research projects

Wherever your scuba dreams/plans take you, I wish you all a fun & safe 2014 :) !

My husband and I are planning our vacation to Maui in the summer. So looking forward to it! :)

So I'm sitting around this morning drinking coffee looking outside to see a little snow has come in overnight, and so my thoughts turn to my New Years Dive and wonder what it will be like.
It will be a short and sweet dive in a lake for sure but what state? Home here in Arkansas their is but one choice for a short drive Beaver Lake.
But Mo has Table Rock not far away and a large wreck that I got to spend very little time on. But even closer is Ten Killer lake in Ok I had a blast here this Fall with a few friends and got some great video's!
Only time will tell what I will do I guess it depends on the weather. So this brings me to what you willl be doing for the 2014 season?
What is on your bucket list for the coming year and goals is what would be cool to read about so please share! :D

Mine are simple this next year.
1. re-visit old spot's in Texas that I have not been to in over ten years
2. venture to the Gulf coast
3. Have a great training season, and meet new people
4. work on new skills for deeper diving wreck's in Michigan and hope to see my old buddy again :wink:
5. Just dive, dive dive! :D

Not a long list but its a start![/QUOTE You have the same list you do but Tenkiller is closer than Beaver. I was just telling my wife I would like to go to Great Lake area dives, and going to Gulf Coast in late June.

2014 Diving resolutions:

Enjoy my scuba diving trip in Ambergris Caye in February;
Attempt to maximize scuba diving locally either on its own or while combining it with Sailing on the St Lawrence River or fishing on lake Ontario, concentrating mainly on sites I have not dove yet;
Plan next winter scuba diving trip which could either be two weeks in Bonaire or a combination or scuba diving and sailboat chartering in the Carribeans

lakediverok
You have the same list you do but Tenkiller is closer than Beaver. I was just telling my wife I would like to go to Great Lake area dives, and going to Gulf Coast in late June.

I did ten-K with a few buddys this last fall and had a great time. If you would ever like to meet and dive this summer just send a message.

Last edited:
I kinda prioritized diving to getting my medical degree last year, so my plan is to hopefully pass my xam on the 11th (or the reexam shortly after) so I can start my internship and afford aome great diving! :)

Having recently bought a drysuit I hope to get at least 50 dives in it this year.
I also hope to take a trip to the red sea and dive for at least a week. And i have been invited to Florida this easter (just hope i csn fit that in with internship). Genereallt I hope to get to way more wrecks this year and get more proficiency in diving with currents (most great places/wrecks here have lots of current andlow viz). Ohh and I hope to get my gas consumption down.

Thankfully most of this stuff has synergy so it might be possible - if I can just pass the neglected exam! :)

Spending a scary amount of money buying 2 sets of gear (mine and my son's) so we can dive on our schedule rather than around being able to get rental gear from our LDS.

Plan to dive the coast off Vancouver in March with an instructor to get our new gear sorted in a pool and then into rented dry suits and into the ocean for a few days.

Then as much local lake diving as we possibly can! I'm a high school teacher and my dive buddy is finishing grade 7 so July and August could be nearly daily diving! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spending a scary amount of money buying 2 sets of gear (mine and my son's) so we can dive on our schedule rather than around being able to get rental gear from our LDS.

Plan to dive the coast off Vancouver in March with an instructor to get our new gear sorted in a pool and then into rented dry suits and into the ocean for a few days.

Then as much local lake diving as we possibly can! I'm a high school teacher and my dive buddy is finishing grade 7 so July and August could be nearly daily diving! :)

This sounds like 2014 will be a great year for you !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom