Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 78 transactions on eBay, mostly golf clubs bought and sold. Yesterday I sold my Aeris Atmos 1 dive computer for $135 plus $10 shipping. I bought it last summer from our favorite internet retailer and after 20 dives I decided it was a mistake -- I should have gotten the Atmos 2 Nitrox Computer. I paid $150 for it. Not a bad deal (for me, anyway.) I have now ordered a new Atmos 2.

All my gear is from ebay except my wetsuit mask and fins, I paid 20 dollars for my primary reg a US divers conshelf xiv- which I love. I used all scubapro and and dacor stuff prior to buying the conshelf and I prefer the old conshelf it breaths great, the metal body helps with drymouth and I have money left over to eat with. I paid 35 for my BC which was in like new condition, really you would have thought it came off the shelf at the LDS. Old regs can be bargains you can get bullet proof regs for pennies on ebay as long as you are ok with not having the trendiest new gear.
Of course you gotta get it all serviced no matter what the seller says. But I am all about used gear especially regs. well serviced they should outlast the owner.

I got my zeagle tech 50-D regulator for $200 in great shape and a 19 c.ft. luxfer tank with some chips in the paint for $50. Ebay can be a great place sometimes...sometimes.

My Mares M1 Computer $120
Dacor Viper America reg
Sidekick Octo
Mares BC (Journey)
Tusa Zoom Fins (oh I love these babies!)
Underwater housing for My Pentax S50 Camera $130
All arrived perfect as advertised and way below local price. I have made over 400 purchases on ebay (most office equipment) saved a bundle, and only been burned about twice - all dive purchase have been first rate!

I bought a Suunto Cobra for a hair under 200 :)

Apeks ATX 50 w/Genesis console - $120 (console needed a gage fitting)
Luxfer 30 cu ft. AL Pony Tank - $61 (1 year old mint)

Just got my Ocean Images Dolphin Pro video housing last week. Good condition and got it for $405. About half retail.
So far I haven't had any bad experiences, and I hope I never do.

I've got a few deals on Ebay. The key is researching the item and know what your buying.

I've bought 3 different sets of fins. SeaQuest Thrusters and Aeris Velocities all for around $30 a set.

I bought an Oceanic Bioflex BC for my wife for $50, it did'nt fit so I turned around and sold back on Ebay for $50.

My most recent deal was a set of regulators and computer. Oceanic DX4 and Delta3 with VersaPro computer $85. There at the shop now being serviced. :D

John

Latest: Cyber Aqualand NX, complete with charger and box (the box is metal, foam lined) new (got a warentee on it) $350.00. Picked up a com unit (with the usb connection) for $116.00, total with shipping about $500.00. The best I could do from various other sources was $966.00 for same thing.

i just got 2 9lt faber steel tanks that are only a few years old and in excellent condition for $350AUS. that's 2 tanks for $350.........i'm a happy shopper. i'm setting up my first set of twins and these will be great. i generally prefer to buy thru my LDS but sometimes a deal like this comes up and u gotta take it. the $$$$ i saved will pretty much cover a course or 2 so my LDS will still get my hard earned :D

Back
Top Bottom