Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to purchase a Sherwood 1st & 2nd stage, octo and computer, used on 15 dives (looked spanking new to me) for $200 :D

SL970 Sealife WIDE ANGLE Lens with LENS CADDY
$89.01

Sealife Reefmaster Close Up Set for All Sealife Cameras
$65.00

Sealife Reefmaster Ni-MH Battery Charger with Batteries
$13.01

Sealife Reefmaster Flash Diffuser for SeaLife Flash
$11.00

We bought our starter gear off Ebay and sold stuff as we progressed past what it offered. Most purchases were good, some were a $ loss. I'd not buy another wetsuit off Ebay. The sizing is too difficult. I mainly buyhard to find stuff now like patches and gift items like signs or little gadgets

purchased a Swimaster MR 12 regulator with guages, a White Stage farmer john wetsuit, a Swimaster BC, pair of fins and a mask for $125.00 plus $25.00 shipping ..... kept the MR12 regulator and sold everything else thru the local paper and broke even on the deal.

Saved a bunch on a pair of Turtles. If you know they fit, you can't go wrong because they're bomb-proof.

I bought a 'dive compass' for sale a price that seemed to good to be true and it was: it was a cheap thing about as big as an eraser intended to be strapped on a wrist watch.

On the other hand, it's a great prop at ethics classes--

I pull it the tiny thing and say its my "moral compass." After the laughs I say even a small ones is fine if you refer to it often and it points you in the right direction.

A Suunto Mosquito w/computer kit (NIB) for $280. I have also bought much of my golf equipment at huge savings. I bought my woods and putter (in seperate purchases) and actually saved the cost of my iron set ($900).

Mares V16 proton metal reg, proton octo, BCD hose, oceanic datamax pro computer, technisub knife, DIN/A clamp converter and a technisub lumen x6 torch separately for around the same price as just the single proton metal reg (all were brand new and with warranty)

I stumbled onto an O2 booster pump in an obscure, poorly worded eBay auction. Looked brand new. I had it for about a month, and decided that since I won't have a rebreather any time soon, and we have a second kid on the way, to put it back on eBay. Made just over $2000.00 on it.

Back
Top Bottom