Your Best “eBay” Scuba Equipment Purchase!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60's DA Aquamaster in good shape, for less than $100.

Ebay has been really good to me as well. It has allowed me to buy more gear faster and have money left over for the courses relating to the type of diving I want to pursue. With that being said, anything I buy on ebay that is directly responsible for life support never gets wet until I have a trusted tech at my LDS check it out and/or rebuild it. I've made some really killer deals, some not so good, and a couple so-so, but the latter are few and far between and are still a savings over buying new. I check out a seller thouroughly, especially feedback, length of time on ebay, recent tranactions, type of equipment sold and ratio of sells to buys. You don't want to buy something from someone with 100% feedback for 299 buys and one sell especially if they haven't dove that piece of equipment. I stay away from the estate sales and selling for a friend auctions...you know the ones: we don't know much about this equipment and we aren't divers, but you'll get a great deal. I buy from divers who talk the talk and who trust the equipment, but are just upgrading.

'50's Dacor Diving Lung with Dial A Breath, Mint for $85.00

An extremely rare U S Divers ex Navy two hose regulator that is a combination of a DA Aqua Master and a DA Navy. Bought it for less than $100 bucks

Tusa X-pert drysuit new in the box $250
DUI weight and trim Harness new $32
I have yet to have a bad experience on Ebay, some purchases were good some were great.

I have purchased almost all my gear on e-bay. Because I was just getting started.
new in the box Apex T50 $? forgot how much, but LOVE IT, used 7mil suit, BC ect.
but feel kinda cheesy for not getting it from local dive shops,they are really great guys and are small business people like me. Do what you have to do! I dont think I would have got better price locally. When I go to upgrade, will price local, but stuff that needs service (reg) maybe will get in town.

I NEED TO BLOW BUBBLES, NOT SNOW:D

My two best:

My wife's XS Dive Rite TransPac II with Jr. Wings, weight pockets, sidemount kit, and a few other extras for $100. Used but never abused. She loves it.

My second best was a deepoutdoors 55 lb lift wing for $56 - pre-owned but still in box

Motorcycle parts , dive stuff ,car parts , i buy a lot from ebay . Usually i try to shop at ebay stores , they seem more reliable and easier to deal with.

3mm shorty wetsuit obrien xxl for $25 plus $8.40 shipping like new. Mares BCD/840 Denier for $62.50 $10 shipping( yes Basic model but 1/2 what it cost new)...

now for the bad ones, Aqualung Flippers looked good but the "rubber" was "fatigued" and tore after the 6th or seventh use.... Assorted straps/fins that just did not quite fit right for about $100, that I will try and Recycle thru Ebay...

Wet suit with Zipper that fell off after the 2nd use...$44 plus 15 shipping...if you totaled it all up about the same as I would have bought "almost " new

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom