Your Best Shots of 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't tell me that purple spotted frogfish-thing is real! That's straight out of some kid's Saturday morning cartoon show!

Ron, that last nudi shot is absolutely splendid. Good old Redondo!

tmsands, cartoon show here :)
[video=youtube;mzKVlmhapTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzKVlmhapTo[/video]

Last edited:
They're actually rhinopius scorpionfish - really cool!

TSandM,

I can't attest to Jun's photoshop skills but the purple rhinopias is indeed a real critter. Others have also posted shots of the same critter with the same shade of purple. 2011 isn't over yet and I guess Jun is still adding to his favorites. What a lucky day diving to see such rare creatures in abundance.

TSandM,

I can't attest to Jun's photoshop skills but the purple rhinopias is indeed a real critter. Others have also posted shots of the same critter with the same shade of purple. 2011 isn't over yet and I guess Jun is still adding to his favorites. What a lucky day diving to see such rare creatures in abundance.
She was being SARCASTIC.......

Cardog,
Actually, Jun does have good photoshop skills and can really work some magic with the colors. Not in this case though ; )

He had me puzzled for awhile with this purple one. Have never seen them in this shade.

Wow, Nick, the moray eating the octopus was certainly a case of being in the right place at the right time! Love the shrimp on the nudi, too.

Beertiki, lovely black and whites of the Vandenberg -- it IS the Vandenberg, right? Wrecks seem to do really well in B&W or sepia -- maybe they create a more mysterious mood.

Keep 'em coming, I'm really enjoying this!

Thanks, #3 is the Cayman, 4 and 5 are the Vandy. For the past few months, it seems I am shooting more and more b+w underwater. On wrecks, I just love the creepy feeling.
12.jpg16.jpg22.jpgPA198232.jpg

I actually got to see rhinopias when we visited Lembeh, but none of them were that completely improbable purple!

TSandM,

lets go stephen after xmas? :)

My humble submissions

IMG_3088.jpgIMG_2718.jpg
IMG_3755.jpgIMG_3888a.jpg
IMG_3786a.jpgIMG_3162.jpgIMG_2518.jpgIMG_2486.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom